Contributor - Level 1

UMC 1820 Routing

I have a Behringer UMC1820. All the mic inputs only play out thru Outputs 1 and 2. How do I get them to route to the corresponding output (input 3 to output 3)?

Currently we have the USB interface set to work with QLab, but I'd like my mixer to input into the UMC1820 and output the same. I have 8 outs on the mixer, and would like to use them as inputs 1-8 and have them go to outputs 1-8.
Tags (1)
MikeBurnett Contributor - Level 1 2018-10-09

2018-10-09

UMC 1820 Routing

I have a Behringer UMC1820. All the mic inputs only play out thru Outputs 1 and 2. How do I get them to route to the corresponding output (input 3 to output 3)?

Currently we have the USB interface set to work with QLab, but I'd like my mixer to input into the UMC1820 and output the same. I have 8 outs on the mixer, and would like to use them as inputs 1-8 and have them go to outputs 1-8.

Triber Moderator

Re: UMC 1820 Routing

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum!

I've not done so myself with the UMC1820 specifically, but all output routing of the UMC1820 has to be setup/handled from within whatever DAW you are using on your computer. By default, your Main LR Mix will feed outputs 1/2, so that's probably why you're hearing everything on just those two outputs. But in the routing section of your DAW you should be able to designate each of the 8 inputs to each single corresponding output of the UMC1820.

Hope this helps!
Michael Lapke