Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Using the 16 X32 Outputs and the S16 Outputs

Greetings... wonder if I might find help with what is probably a very basic question.
We send the main mix of our X32 to two of the outputs on our S16 which feed a pair of powered speakers.

I was wondering if each of the 16 input channels that make up our main mix also show up individually (discretely) at the 16 Outputs on the back of the X32.

We'd like to continue sending the mix to the two S16 Outputs and use the 16 Outputs on the back of the X32 to feed the 16 inputs on our new Cymatic SL-16 (16 Track Recorder) in order to obtain live 16 track recordings.

Aside from finding the answer to the one question, any input from anyone else using the Cymatic or other live recorder would be great.

Many Thanks,
Rich
RichBiFulco Contributor - Level 2 2014-10-04

2014-10-04

Using the 16 X32 Outputs and the S16 Outputs

Greetings... wonder if I might find help with what is probably a very basic question.
We send the main mix of our X32 to two of the outputs on our S16 which feed a pair of powered speakers.

I was wondering if each of the 16 input channels that make up our main mix also show up individually (discretely) at the 16 Outputs on the back of the X32.

We'd like to continue sending the mix to the two S16 Outputs and use the 16 Outputs on the back of the X32 to feed the 16 inputs on our new Cymatic SL-16 (16 Track Recorder) in order to obtain live 16 track recordings.

Aside from finding the answer to the one question, any input from anyone else using the Cymatic or other live recorder would be great.

Many Thanks,
Rich

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Using the 16 X32 Outputs and the S16 Outputs

Hi Rich,

Yes you certainly can assign those outputs the channel inputs. To do that simply goto the Routing Out 1-16 and assign each of the outputs (eg. Output 01 -> DirOut Ch 01, etc.). That said, I'm not sure how you have the main LR routed to the S16. But it may be using one of these Outputs. That of course can be changed to using either the P16 Out bus, the Aux Out bus, etc. which could be assigned to the AES50 out.

Paul
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Using the 16 X32 Outputs and the S16 Outputs

Thanks so much Paul. I appreciate you taking the time to lend your expertise!