Contributor - Level 3

X-Air 18 pre/post fader effects on monitor

The effects sends are post fader out of the mains, but pre fader out of the monitor busses. I can’t see where to get the effects post fader in the monitors on the sends page. Granted, I barely have a grasp of the sends/in-out matrix.

EllisLampman Contributor - Level 3 2019-08-20

2019-08-20

X-Air 18 pre/post fader effects on monitor

The effects sends are post fader out of the mains, but pre fader out of the monitor busses. I can’t see where to get the effects post fader in the monitors on the sends page. Granted, I barely have a grasp of the sends/in-out matrix.

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Re: X-Air 18 pre/post fader effects on monitor

@EllisLampman wrote:

Yes I can see that you don't have a grasp of the sends, etc. Channel signals are sent TO a bus (tapped pre or post fader, etc.). Those buses can be assigned to physical outputs and/or sent to a matrix (tapped pre or post fader, etc.). Buses cannot send to other buses. 

For your example, the channel sends to the FX bus (typically bus 12-16 that feeds the first 4 FX slots) are the dry signals to those FX engines. The resulting wet signals are returned to the main mix as typical channel strips (to the right of the 8 Aux In channel strips - typically labeled FX 1L, FX 1R, etc.). It is these channel strips (wet signals) that you want to send to your various monitor mixes (and tapped post fader). 

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator