Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

X-Dante & AES50 Questions

Hello,

I have a friend that is wanting to use the X-Dante card but currently doesn’t have Dante enabled stage boxes. We are wanting to do the install in 2 phases with the first being the main Dante network components and the second being Dante enabled stage boxes. With the X-Dante card can we still have the board draw inputs from AES50 and then output those signals over Dante?

Thanks,

Tyler
TylerDickey Contributor - Level 1 2018-12-19

2018-12-19

X-Dante & AES50 Questions

Hello,

I have a friend that is wanting to use the X-Dante card but currently doesn’t have Dante enabled stage boxes. We are wanting to do the install in 2 phases with the first being the main Dante network components and the second being Dante enabled stage boxes. With the X-Dante card can we still have the board draw inputs from AES50 and then output those signals over Dante?

Thanks,

Tyler

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: X-Dante & AES50 Questions

You can use x-dante and aes50 at the same time. You just need to pay attention to the master clock.

Why do you want to use dante stageboxes? You won’t get any preamp control and that could be a hassle...
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 1

Robert Lofgren;157201 wrote:
You can use x-dante and aes50 at the same time. You just need to pay attention to the master clock.

Why do you want to use dante stageboxes? You won’t get any preamp control and that could be a hassle...

Interesting...I did not know that. The channels coming out of the X-32 are going to be sent to a separate computer running Logic Pro X to be mixed for broadcast. The idea with the dante enabled stage boxes was to give the engineers mixing FOH and broadcast 2 copies of the signal coming straight from the stage box. This way if the FOH engineer adjusts gain during the service it doesn't adjust the send going to the broadcast engineer.
Volunteer Moderator

There is normally no need for FoH to mess with the preamp gain after soundcheck. Only if an input is clipping an adjustment should be necessary and then any feeds would need to adjust anyway.

You can always enable the digital trim control on the x32 that won’t affect the dante feed from the x32.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!