Contributor - Level 3

X32 Need Help with advanced Routing /w Multirack

Hello Community,

first sorry for my bad english, i´m from Austria Smiley Wink

I´ve already spent hours of getting the knowledge and procedure to route the x32 in combination with Multirack for our needs but i need help or tips how to do that the best way.

So the goal is:

We want to Process 16 or if possible 24 Channels from our S32 Stagebox over AES50 to Multirack and back - DONE

The real Challenge now is that i want as example the Drums (Channel 1-8) on a Bus to Mix it together but if possible with the Faders in normal Mode (not Send on Fader) and then send the Bus to Multirack to process it again and back to the X32 Drumbus - then i wanted the Processed Drum Mix Bus (and the Rest of the Channels) to be processed again in Multirack to get a PA Mix Bus which should go to L/R Main.

But we also need the Monitormixing for our 8 Channels (Wedges&InEar) on Stage. (no Problem over Sends on Fader)

So the processing and Signal Chain itself is clear for me but i dont get it how to do the routing the best way for this purpose in X32 and Multirack.

Any Help or Ideas? Does anybody have this Setup or Signal Chain with the X32 already?

Greets Simon

simon92 Contributor - Level 3 2019-06-26

2019-06-26

X32 Need Help with advanced Routing /w Multirack

Hello Community,

first sorry for my bad english, i´m from Austria Smiley Wink

I´ve already spent hours of getting the knowledge and procedure to route the x32 in combination with Multirack for our needs but i need help or tips how to do that the best way.

So the goal is:

We want to Process 16 or if possible 24 Channels from our S32 Stagebox over AES50 to Multirack and back - DONE

The real Challenge now is that i want as example the Drums (Channel 1-8) on a Bus to Mix it together but if possible with the Faders in normal Mode (not Send on Fader) and then send the Bus to Multirack to process it again and back to the X32 Drumbus - then i wanted the Processed Drum Mix Bus (and the Rest of the Channels) to be processed again in Multirack to get a PA Mix Bus which should go to L/R Main.

But we also need the Monitormixing for our 8 Channels (Wedges&InEar) on Stage. (no Problem over Sends on Fader)

So the processing and Signal Chain itself is clear for me but i dont get it how to do the routing the best way for this purpose in X32 and Multirack.

Any Help or Ideas? Does anybody have this Setup or Signal Chain with the X32 already?

Greets Simon

• 0 Kudos
  • 13 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: X32 Need Help with advanced Routing /w Multirack

@simon92 

I revised my last post when I realized that you had already reserved mixbuses 15/16 for the final Multirack pass. You should have enough mixbuses. I'll look at your latest scene and add comments...

I think the basic configuration is OK, Simon. You will need to assign mixbuses 15/16 to outputs so they get sent to the Multirack. e.g.

Outputs.PNG

Now to get the monitors and Main LR mix to your S32, stage them on Ultranet:

Ultranet.PNG

and then route them to AES50-A 1-16:

AES50 AB.PNG 

View solution in original post

Rising Star - Level 1

Hello @simon92 

If you upload your scene file, we can advise better. 

Are you using the P16 system at all (Ultranet)?

Are you running Multirack with the X-WSG I/O Card?

Contributor - Level 3

Hello Dave, 

i dont use the ultranet yet.

our setup is as following:

S32 into the x32

(the local ports on the x32 are unused except aux for music playing after the show)

Then from the x-wsg card to the SGS Server and into multirack.

Then back into x-wsg to feed the x32 and s32.

I will upload the scene file soon.

Thanks for your reply!

Simon

Highlighted
Rising Star - Level 1

@simon92 

I asked about Ultranet because it can be used to do some advanced routing if you're not using the P16s.

Here are (older) instructions for saving a scene. Remember to ZIP the file or it won't upload. https://behringerwiki.musictribe.com/index.php?title=Uploading_files_to_the_forum 

Contributor - Level 3

Hi Dave,

here is my test scene file with the channels and the Mixbuses i want but without proper routing.

Thanks Simon!

Rising Star - Level 1

@simon92 

Do you not want to used FX? Bus 13-16 are the sends to the 4 FX engines.

Contributor - Level 3

I dont use the internal FX on the X32 at all, but when possible 1 FX for hall only on vocal monitoring would be also good to have.

Contributor - Level 3

The problem is i want to mix the drums or vocals or guitars to the coresponding mix bus and then get the mixbus through multirack and the processed signal of each mixbus back on the main l/r.

But when i turn the fader up on a channel strip it goes straight ahead to l/r main and i can only mix it to a bus with sends on fader. So i have to leave the normal faders down all the time and can only mix in sends on fader mode which is not so user friendly😉

Then the second goal is to get the 3 mixbuses sent to multirack again to clean the sum of the pa sound with api2500 etc. and get it back on the main L/R fader to output 15/16 on the S32 for the PA Signal.

It would be no problem to have only 16 or 24 channel if i need them for routing only. The internal fx are not really used because i have h-reverb in multirack for the channels i want hall etc. on.

Thanks!

Super Contributor - Level 2

@simon92 wrote:

The problem is i want to mix the drums or vocals or guitars to the coresponding mix bus and then get the mixbus through multirack and the processed signal of each mixbus back on the main l/r.

But when i turn the fader up on a channel strip it goes straight ahead to l/r main and i can only mix it to a bus with sends on fader. So i have to leave the normal faders down all the time and can only mix in sends on fader mode which is not so user friendly😉

@simon92 

Hi Simon, you can fix that by removing the channels from the Main LR mix. Select each channel and open the Main tab. Click the LR button so it turns grey. Now you can use post fader sends to the mixbuses and mix with the faders with no direct feed to Main LR.

Contributor - Level 3

Hi RexBeckett,

many thanks for your help, this solves the problem!!!

So now i am able to put the fader up and it is mixed straight into Drum Mix Bus, for monitoring i go the normal way over sends on fader.

So now i have the three Mix Buses (9-10,11-12,13-14) which i can process in Multirack from (25-26,27-28,29-30).

The routing in the scene file attached should work or?

Ive had the Idea to output the Mixbuses in Multirack on 31-32 but it only let me output one Rack to the Range of 31-32. I can only do it otherwise, so Input on three Racks is the same but Output cant be shared from more than one Rack.

Should i maybe use the Inputs 17-24 to sum it again? But then i need another Mixbus which i dont have anymore.

Can this maybe be done with the Matrix?

So the last problem is how to sum the Mixbuses again and send it to Multirack (e.g. 31,32) and back into Main L/R on the X32 (which Outputs on 15-16 on the S32 Stagebox)

Thanks so many for your help guys!!