Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

X32 Rack Rebooting?

Hi - need some help on this one. On Friday night our X32 Rack which we use for in ears kept rebooting for no reason. We couldn't figure it out at first. We were using the producer for about a year and then picked up the rack to make our overall rack smaller. We've had the rack for just about 3 months. We had two iphones and two ipads connected to it. As soon as my brother the other guitarist would connect to it; boom, it would reboot. We ended up having to throw some stage monitors on and go from there.

I've been working with Behringer customer service to see what the issue is. The current firmware is 2.04 so I'm going to update it to 2.16 tonight. We've never experienced this issue before. During lunch I was home and kept it on the whole time and had no issues.

My question here is has anyone experienced this before? Also, can issues with wifi cause the x32 rack to reboot for no reason? We've heard that it's possible before.
KyleGansel Contributor - Level 1 2016-03-07

2016-03-07

X32 Rack Rebooting?

Hi - need some help on this one. On Friday night our X32 Rack which we use for in ears kept rebooting for no reason. We couldn't figure it out at first. We were using the producer for about a year and then picked up the rack to make our overall rack smaller. We've had the rack for just about 3 months. We had two iphones and two ipads connected to it. As soon as my brother the other guitarist would connect to it; boom, it would reboot. We ended up having to throw some stage monitors on and go from there.

I've been working with Behringer customer service to see what the issue is. The current firmware is 2.04 so I'm going to update it to 2.16 tonight. We've never experienced this issue before. During lunch I was home and kept it on the whole time and had no issues.

My question here is has anyone experienced this before? Also, can issues with wifi cause the x32 rack to reboot for no reason? We've heard that it's possible before.

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: X32 Rack Rebooting?

Kyle Gansel;71866 wrote:

What Router are you using?
Contributor - Level 2

Re: X32 Rack Rebooting?

I have had this happen to me several times. You are probably getting bad power. the digital stuff is not as forgiving to power fluctuations. I was having voltage drops everytime I have had this happen. If the voltage gets low all the new digital stuff will reboot itself. Always use a UPS with any digital gear. I have had this happen to my x32 rack, Full x32 and even iNuke amps. Generator power is especially bad.
Contributor - Level 2

Dealt with that before

I had a show it was doing that.. as well.. I talked to some one at Behringer they swore to me it was my Apple router.. something about it using up more bandwidth which was pulling power from power supply forcing to shut down...

It was a big show 2500 people at wine fest. it was freakin embarrassing.. But I wasn't going out with it again until I fixed it. So whether he was right.. it was the only thing I could go on..
Because I had my X32rack and S16 on battery backup which was plugged into the sound companies voltage regulator with a generator.. none of their stuff shut down.. only my rack.

So.., I bought a AP that I now mount on a mic stand high up above people I run it at 5G.. I got rid of that battery backup..and bought a better Voltage Regulator/UPS.

And I've been good ever since..
but when I came on here and mentioned this before others from Behringer said it wasn't the Apple and that info was BS who ever told me that... But I didn't make that shit up it came from tech support.. whether they were right or wrong.. all I know is I wasn't about to have another night of the power issue and not knowing... so Apple hasn't been in use since Sept.. and I've been good since.. fingers always crossed anyway... but It's been rocked solid.
Ronni Santmyer