Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

X32 not being seen by Mac using MXL Mic Mate

Hey all. First post here. Hope someone can help.

I have changed computers and now my board will not send audio using the same hardware as before. Here's the situation.

I had a iMac running Yosemite OS. Using OBS as our livestream software. I was going USB out of our Mac to an MXL Mic Mate. That then converted USB to XLR which I have plugged into Bus 9 of the X32. Anything I send to that appears on our livestream service through OBS. The sound output recognized the device as USB Audio Codec.

We just purchased a new iMac running Catalina. We can plug in the USB to the Mic Mate but as soon as I plug it into the bus 9 output, the Mac no longer recognizes the USB Audio Codec.

What I have tried:

Under midi audio setup on the Mac, I have tried to change output and input to 44.1, 48, 1 channel and 2 channel and 8 integer, 16 integer. No luck.

I have changed the sample rate on the X32 from 44.1 tk 48.

I have tried multiple XLR's and USB's but the same thing happens.

I believe the communication between the board and the computer are not syncing which is why I lose the connection as soon as I plug it into the board. Only thing that has changed in my whole setup is a 2015 Yosemite Os computer to a 2019 Capitan Os computer.

Help anyone. 

newlifesa1992 Contributor - Level 1 2020-03-20

2020-03-20

X32 not being seen by Mac using MXL Mic Mate

Hey all. First post here. Hope someone can help.

I have changed computers and now my board will not send audio using the same hardware as before. Here's the situation.

I had a iMac running Yosemite OS. Using OBS as our livestream software. I was going USB out of our Mac to an MXL Mic Mate. That then converted USB to XLR which I have plugged into Bus 9 of the X32. Anything I send to that appears on our livestream service through OBS. The sound output recognized the device as USB Audio Codec.

We just purchased a new iMac running Catalina. We can plug in the USB to the Mic Mate but as soon as I plug it into the bus 9 output, the Mac no longer recognizes the USB Audio Codec.

What I have tried:

Under midi audio setup on the Mac, I have tried to change output and input to 44.1, 48, 1 channel and 2 channel and 8 integer, 16 integer. No luck.

I have changed the sample rate on the X32 from 44.1 tk 48.

I have tried multiple XLR's and USB's but the same thing happens.

I believe the communication between the board and the computer are not syncing which is why I lose the connection as soon as I plug it into the board. Only thing that has changed in my whole setup is a 2015 Yosemite Os computer to a 2019 Capitan Os computer.

Help anyone. 

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 1

Re: X32 not being seen by Mac using MXL Mic Mate

@newlifesa1992 

Have you tried this?

For Mojave and  Catalina to allow sound in: System Preferences: Security: Privacy and Microphone. Check the software you want to allow.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Hey Dave. 

Yes I have. Only thing that shows up in my security and privacy is OBS which is checked. 

Rock Star - Level 1

@newlifesa1992 

After reading your post several more times, I think I understand your connection method. You are using a the mic adapter connected to XLR 9, which is being fed by mixbus 9. Is that correct?

Why aren't you using the X-USB interface (built-in the X32). Have you hooked a microphone directly to the Mic Mate to see if your Mac will see it? If I rememer correctly, the new iMacs have both USB A (old style) and USB C connectors. I would assume you are using USB A. Is there a hun connected to that port?