Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

XR18 - Effects to Monitor Mix

I'm new to the XR18.  I'm using the X-Air iPad app to control the mixer for live sound.  I can't figure out how to place the effects into the monitor mix (aux outs) as well as the mains.   I can get them through the mains - just not the monitors.  

Critter57 Contributor - Level 2 2020-04-22

2020-04-22

XR18 - Effects to Monitor Mix

I'm new to the XR18.  I'm using the X-Air iPad app to control the mixer for live sound.  I can't figure out how to place the effects into the monitor mix (aux outs) as well as the mains.   I can get them through the mains - just not the monitors.  

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 2

Re: XR18 - Effects to Monitor Mix

@Critter57 

We want to send the FX return (not the send) to the monitors. I can't tell if that's what your screenshot is showing (I think it is). Highlight on of the FX returns to be sure. Here is a screen shot of X-Air-Edit

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 8.34.52 PM.pngYou can upload a sceen here to have us check it, if you want.

Here are (older) instructions for saving/uploading a scene. https://behringerwiki.musictribe.com/index.php?title=Uploading_files_to_the_forum
Upload by Choose File at the bottom of the window.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 2

@Critter57 

Push the button for the Aux bus you want to add FX to (below the big Main LR button on the lower right).

Then push up the fader for the FX you want in that bus. Push Main LR to return to normal mixing.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for the response Dave.  I'm still having issues. I think my iPad screen is a little different from what you're describing.  Here's what I see:

0F78270A-5B09-4FB8-91FC-780B3CF857B4.png
it can't be that difficult - not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I have the bus sends set to Post EQ and the effects sends set to Post .

Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 2

@Critter57 

We want to send the FX return (not the send) to the monitors. I can't tell if that's what your screenshot is showing (I think it is). Highlight on of the FX returns to be sure. Here is a screen shot of X-Air-Edit

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 8.34.52 PM.pngYou can upload a sceen here to have us check it, if you want.

Here are (older) instructions for saving/uploading a scene. https://behringerwiki.musictribe.com/index.php?title=Uploading_files_to_the_forum
Upload by Choose File at the bottom of the window.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Hi Dave - thanks for the advice. I think I've got it going now!