Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

XR18 effect to Aux bus but not to Main LR

Hi Experts, I am trying to have an effect on an Aux Bus but no on the Main LR. I must be doing/undertanding something wrong, because unless I rise the Return fader in the Main LR mix, the effect will not work on the Aux Bus. In other words, the Return fader has te be up in both the Main LR and the Aux Bus mixers for the effect to work on the Aux Bus. Lowering the Return on the Main LF affects both outputs, lowering the Aux Bus return fader has no effect on the Main LR effect output.

Just can't figure it out! Any help would be most welcomed.
Thanks in advance
Luis

LuisPezzi Contributor - Level 3 2020-04-25

2020-04-25

XR18 effect to Aux bus but not to Main LR

Hi Experts, I am trying to have an effect on an Aux Bus but no on the Main LR. I must be doing/undertanding something wrong, because unless I rise the Return fader in the Main LR mix, the effect will not work on the Aux Bus. In other words, the Return fader has te be up in both the Main LR and the Aux Bus mixers for the effect to work on the Aux Bus. Lowering the Return on the Main LF affects both outputs, lowering the Aux Bus return fader has no effect on the Main LR effect output.

Just can't figure it out! Any help would be most welcomed.
Thanks in advance
Luis

• 0 Kudos
  • 6 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Superhero - Level 2

Re: XR18 effect to Aux bus but not to Main LR

@LuisPezzi 

Try making that particular fx bus be pre fader for all your ch's. I have not tried this but it could be the fx send from ch's is taped post master fx fader. Sort of makes sense, worth a try.

Thanks for the Accepted Solutions and Kudos! Always appreciated IF duly earned.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 2

@LuisPezzi 

Hello, you need to turn off the send to main LR for the fx return ch.

On:

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 5.11.29 AM.png

Off:

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 8.35.42 AM.png

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks Gary! That indeed avoids the effect being sent to the Main LR while still working on the Aux1, which was what I was after. However, I am sitll puzzled by the fact that the effect level on the Aux 1 depends on both Fx faders (the ones on Bus1 and Main LR mixers); both need to be up.

Is that how it is supposed to work?

Thanks!

Luis

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 2

@LuisPezzi 

Try making that particular fx bus be pre fader for all your ch's. I have not tried this but it could be the fx send from ch's is taped post master fx fader. Sort of makes sense, worth a try.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Yes!!! Thanks a lot!
Still looooots to learn...
Luis
Highlighted
Superhero - Level 2

@LuisPezzi 

And lots of fun in process!....seems as if there is always something more to learn with all these devices. Just when you think you pretty much have it down-bam, something else shows up to remind you that you don't! Part of the fun I think.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Agree! I have to admit I don't quite undestand (yet) why your pre-fader solution works, but I work on it