Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Xenyx 1222usb effects processor noise

The effects processor on my 1222 mixer recently started making a clicking type hum. The level of this noise is only affected by the knobsmarked "fx to main" and the "fx to monitor" knob. Neither the fx send fader or the aux knobs on the channels affect it's volume making me think it's generated in the effects unit or on the output from the unit. Both the auxiliaries function correctly for external patching, in fact everything else functions as it should including the display of the effects unit. Speaking of which the noise registers on the led levels of the processor. I'm guessing from the noise that it's just a bad cap, since everything works and a visual inspection (yes I've taken it apart Smiley Happy doesn't reveal anything obvious. Has the DPM6V board which seems to house the fx processing chips. Wondering could I narrow the source of the noise down a bit closer to the component at fault. Don't have a schematic and would love to know where to look. Any help greatly appreciated.
Matt.
MattJockel Contributor - Level 1 2018-03-11

2018-03-11

Xenyx 1222usb effects processor noise

The effects processor on my 1222 mixer recently started making a clicking type hum. The level of this noise is only affected by the knobsmarked "fx to main" and the "fx to monitor" knob. Neither the fx send fader or the aux knobs on the channels affect it's volume making me think it's generated in the effects unit or on the output from the unit. Both the auxiliaries function correctly for external patching, in fact everything else functions as it should including the display of the effects unit. Speaking of which the noise registers on the led levels of the processor. I'm guessing from the noise that it's just a bad cap, since everything works and a visual inspection (yes I've taken it apart Smiley Happy doesn't reveal anything obvious. Has the DPM6V board which seems to house the fx processing chips. Wondering could I narrow the source of the noise down a bit closer to the component at fault. Don't have a schematic and would love to know where to look. Any help greatly appreciated.
Matt.

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies