Contributor - Level 1

Xr 18

Was wondering if i was able to do a musical off of the xr 18 like to have cues or something that i i could just hit run and it would play

Mikey2 Contributor - Level 1 2019-12-10

2019-12-10

Xr 18

Was wondering if i was able to do a musical off of the xr 18 like to have cues or something that i i could just hit run and it would play

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Rock Star - Level 1

Re: Xr 18

Hi Mike ( @Mikey2 ), 

Welcome to the community.  I've never run a show in a fully automated way but I have used a bash shell script on a Raspberry Pi to load scene files based on cues.   The script was based off of Patrick's X32PlayScript which can be found here: https://sites.google.com/site/patrickmaillot/docs/X32PlayScript.zip?attredirects=0

I ported some of Patrick's X32 utilities to use with the XAir so my script uses XAirSetScene to load .scn files that had been previously saved with XAirGetScene.  The ported utilities can be found here: https://sites.google.com/site/xairutilities/

I mentor tech theatre so automating too much takes jobs away from students who need the "manual" experience.  On the other hand having students type in cue names is asking for trouble. 

I'll see if I can track down the script since I see I never put it on my site with the utilties. 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Regular Contributor - Level 2

Re: Xr 18

Hello @Mikey2  

Let me offer another view. 

I have used an MR18 (same box, different badge) for a handful of cued performances.  The first time I used the embedded scene tool.  It worked okay but I had to be very diligent in managing settings that did not change from scene to scene, but that I had tweeked halfway through the rehearsal.  In subsequent outings I used X-Air Live Toolbox's Tidbit function (thank you @Paul_Vannatto ) which works amazingly like snippets in the MR32.  While allowing total control over the show, it did require having a laptop connected to the MR18.

Have fun.
Dwayne A