Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

iQ12/iQ15B settings when used with Ultranet

Noob (to Ultranet) question here.
About to start using my iQ tops and subs with Ultranet from X32
I get the routing stuff using P16 settings (thanks Drew Brashler) but how do I deal with x-over points?
As I currently use Analog out I send L&R to the subs and from them out to the tops, have subs and tops set accordingly
I believe that the Ultranet setup bypasses all this, how do I ensure correct frequencies to each box?

Thanks in advance
TimBridges Contributor - Level 2 2016-08-09

2016-08-09

iQ12/iQ15B settings when used with Ultranet

Noob (to Ultranet) question here.
About to start using my iQ tops and subs with Ultranet from X32
I get the routing stuff using P16 settings (thanks Drew Brashler) but how do I deal with x-over points?
As I currently use Analog out I send L&R to the subs and from them out to the tops, have subs and tops set accordingly
I believe that the Ultranet setup bypasses all this, how do I ensure correct frequencies to each box?

Thanks in advance

• 0 Kudos
  • 5 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: iQ12/iQ15B settings when used with Ultranet

Tim Bridges;82161 wrote:

You would assign the output to that ultranet output as the same as what you assigned to the analog output. That is done on the Routing Ultranet screen. For example if you have the M/C, Main L/R assigned to the Outputs 14, 15, and 16 respectively on the Routing, Out 1-16, you can assign the Ultranet outputs14-16 to the same thing (M/C, Main L/R). Then on the iQ speakers assign the appropriate Ultranet output (eg iQ15B to Ultranet 14).
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

Paul,
Thanks for quick response.
My confusion is where is the x-over actioned?
Currently the analog L&R output from X32 (Ch 7&8) goes to L&R subs and is filtered in each and sent to tops (100Hz and above)
As the Ultranet disables the XLR outputs I get that I go from Ultranet 'thru' on sub to 'in' on top, do I still need to set the x-over points on the iQ's?
Volunteer Moderator

The iq speakers xlr outputs are full pass-thru with no filtering being applied.

All filtering is done by the dsp in each speaker. Go to the crossover menu and select the correct preset as for your setup on each speaker. This would be no difference if you use the xlr or the ultranet inputs.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

Robert,
Got it, thank you so much Smiley Tongue
Contributor - Level 2

I was looking for answer on this question, too. Thanks Robert!