Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

ultranet connection limitation. midas m32R and turbosound's iQ loudspeakers

Hi everyone,

I noticed one can't control delay nor equalization on turbosound iQ series loudspeakers from the mixing desk if they are connected to the system using ultralink, i.e. p-16 channels.

since the loudspeakers were hanging from the ceiling it took quite a long time to set these parameters on the iQ own DSP in order to set up our system accordingly to our designed plan.

can anyone tell me if there is a way to set these parameters from the FOH desk? I only found the ability to control the speaker model from the console.
LuisLeme Contributor - Level 2 2017-12-02

2017-12-02

ultranet connection limitation. midas m32R and turbosound's iQ loudspeakers

Hi everyone,

I noticed one can't control delay nor equalization on turbosound iQ series loudspeakers from the mixing desk if they are connected to the system using ultralink, i.e. p-16 channels.

since the loudspeakers were hanging from the ceiling it took quite a long time to set these parameters on the iQ own DSP in order to set up our system accordingly to our designed plan.

can anyone tell me if there is a way to set these parameters from the FOH desk? I only found the ability to control the speaker model from the console.

• 0 Kudos
  • 7 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: ultranet connection limitation. midas m32R and turbosound's iQ loudspeakers

The control possibilities using ultranet is very limited since it is a one-way protocol only and uses limited control data.You can connect a PC laptop using usb to control the speaker using the app in the download section for the iq speakers. This would probably be much better easier...
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 3

You can connect a PC laptop using usb to control the speaker using the app in the download section for the iq speakers. This would probably be much better easier...

Unless you've already flown them...
Volunteer Moderator

Operating the physical control panel on the back of the speaker when flown compared to connecting a long usb cable to a computer is a no-brainer to me.
Craig Fowler;136362 wrote:
Unless you've already flown them...
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Volunteer Moderator

Btw, did you update all of your speakers to v1.9 before installing them?
Contributor - Level 2

uh-oh. no They are still at 1.7v.

will do that.

does that allow me to do a lot more from the console?
Volunteer Moderator

No, but the speaker won’t possibly go mute on you if some corrupt ultranet data should happen in certain configurations.

Luis Leme;138349 wrote:
uh-oh. no They are still at 1.7v.

will do that.

does that allow me to do a lot more from the console?
Contributor - Level 1

If he has a X32 or similar you can configure the speakers and their settings over ultranet, its not clear what a FOH setup is being described here.