Contributor - Level 1

use x-touch to control graphic EQ with XR18

hi,

I've gone through some of the videos about the x-touch controller, but I can't find anything on how to control the graphic EQ of your busses, it either being the master bus or one of your auxes.

is this possible on the x-touch?
to have the faders represent the different frequencies of the graphic EQ.

(oh, and while on the subject: I can't find the option to return an EQ fader to 0 on the ipad app, it's kinda fiddley to return it to zero. am I overlooking something here?)

Eric.

er1cnl Contributor - Level 1 2019-04-26

2019-04-26

use x-touch to control graphic EQ with XR18

hi,

I've gone through some of the videos about the x-touch controller, but I can't find anything on how to control the graphic EQ of your busses, it either being the master bus or one of your auxes.

is this possible on the x-touch?
to have the faders represent the different frequencies of the graphic EQ.

(oh, and while on the subject: I can't find the option to return an EQ fader to 0 on the ipad app, it's kinda fiddley to return it to zero. am I overlooking something here?)

Eric.

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: use x-touch to control graphic EQ with XR18

Hi @er1cnl , welcome to the community.

The X-Touch can be used to adjust the parametric EQ for channels and buses but there is no special mode to adjust a graphic EQ using the faders.

Which app are you using on your iPad? On Mixing Station XAir (for Android and iOS), double-tapping a GEQ fader resets it to zero.

Contributor - Level 1

ah thanks for the 'return to zero' tip, I will try it out next week.

and kind of silly that you can't control the graphic EQ with the faders. I hope that comes in a future firmware upgrade!

Highlighted
Super Contributor - Level 2

Hmm.

I pushed the EQ button on the top right.

I turned V-Pot 1 until it read "Bus 1"

V-Pot 2 now reads 1/26 with V-Pots to the right - 20 25 31.5 40 50 63

I can turn V-Pot 2 to scroll the GEQ bands into place on the other 6 V-Pots

Press and turn V-Pot 2 to change between GEQ, PEQ, TEQ

I see no way to put EQ bands on faders. Would be a nice feature. The documentation says the FLIP button should flip between encoder and fader mode. This does work in MCU mode, but apparently not in XCTL mode.

Reset the band to 0 by pressing the appropriate V-pot

Logic Pro X 10.4.6, X-Touch 1.15, XR18 1.5, macOS 10.14.5