Contributor - Level 2

x32 Rack and S16 routing

I've been using an X32 rack for a little over a year and recently added the S16 so that I can have 32 in's with 14 monitor outs then 2 outs going to front of house.

I need some help with figuring out how the routing is supposed to be configured because what happened is mix busses where going to front of house regardless of what outs I was connecting the mains to and with nothing going to the actual mains. It was honestly just a mess and made no sense.

How I would like this to be is

Inputs
X32 ins are channels 1 - 16
S16 ins are channels 17 - 32

Monitoring
X32 outs are 1 - 8
S16 outs are 9 - 14

Mains
15, 16 on the S16

If the mains have to be on 7, 8 on the x32 that's fine, just need to understand how that matches up in the routing page.

Zenguitar Contributor - Level 2 2019-09-08

2019-09-08

x32 Rack and S16 routing

I've been using an X32 rack for a little over a year and recently added the S16 so that I can have 32 in's with 14 monitor outs then 2 outs going to front of house.

I need some help with figuring out how the routing is supposed to be configured because what happened is mix busses where going to front of house regardless of what outs I was connecting the mains to and with nothing going to the actual mains. It was honestly just a mess and made no sense.

How I would like this to be is

Inputs
X32 ins are channels 1 - 16
S16 ins are channels 17 - 32

Monitoring
X32 outs are 1 - 8
S16 outs are 9 - 14

Mains
15, 16 on the S16

If the mains have to be on 7, 8 on the x32 that's fine, just need to understand how that matches up in the routing page.

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: x32 Rack and S16 routing

@Zenguitar 

Your input routing should be:

X32 Inputs.PNG

Assuming you want mixbuses 1-14 as outputs along with Main L&R on 15 & 16, your outputs should be:

X32 Outputs.PNG

The XLR outputs on the X32 require this routing:

X32 XLR Out.PNG

And the AES50-A routing should be:

X32 AES Out.PNG

Shout if you need any more help with the configuration. If you save your scene and attach the file to your post (see Choose File below), we can make the changes for you.

Super Contributor - Level 2

@Zenguitar 

Your input routing should be:

X32 Inputs.PNG

Assuming you want mixbuses 1-14 as outputs along with Main L&R on 15 & 16, your outputs should be:

X32 Outputs.PNG

The XLR outputs on the X32 require this routing:

X32 XLR Out.PNG

And the AES50-A routing should be:

X32 AES Out.PNG

Shout if you need any more help with the configuration. If you save your scene and attach the file to your post (see Choose File below), we can make the changes for you.

Contributor - Level 2

Thank you thank you thank you!!

It was the AES50-A routing page and switching that to 9-16, all the others were the same as your screen shots.

Sorry that I would have replied sooner as I saw your reply not long after you made it, I've been on the go since yesterday. I really appreciate the help Smiley Happy