Top Solution Authors
Contributor - Level 2

X Touch Xct1/Mc dual mode

What I saw in a video was once X Touch is connected to X18 through an ethernet cable in Xct1 mode, the little channel displays will show the numbers of the X18 channels: 1, 2, 3, etc.

Once I connect the X Touch to the Ableton Live in MC mode the little channel displays show the names of the AL channels.

What I understand about the dual Xct1/Mc mode is that it is designed to make X Touch work with an X Air and a DAW.

So, once the X Touch is connected through an ethernet cable to X Air, and throgh USB to Ableton, what will be displayed in the channel displays: the Ableton names or the X Air channel numbers? Or both (hopefully)?

The whole idea to get the X Touch and X Air was to get the Ableton instruments and the live (connected to the X Air inputs) instruments in one mixing setup. Will it work like that?

Thank you.

kesha1 Contributor - Level 2 2019-09-11

2019-09-11

X Touch Xct1/Mc dual mode

What I saw in a video was once X Touch is connected to X18 through an ethernet cable in Xct1 mode, the little channel displays will show the numbers of the X18 channels: 1, 2, 3, etc.

Once I connect the X Touch to the Ableton Live in MC mode the little channel displays show the names of the AL channels.

What I understand about the dual Xct1/Mc mode is that it is designed to make X Touch work with an X Air and a DAW.

So, once the X Touch is connected through an ethernet cable to X Air, and throgh USB to Ableton, what will be displayed in the channel displays: the Ableton names or the X Air channel numbers? Or both (hopefully)?

The whole idea to get the X Touch and X Air was to get the Ableton instruments and the live (connected to the X Air inputs) instruments in one mixing setup. Will it work like that?

Thank you.

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Trusted Contributor - Level 3

Re: X Touch Xct1/Mc dual mode

@kesha1 

Press the SMPTE/Beats button to toogle between DAW and xctl mode.

Now you can see either by simply pushing a button.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Is there such button on X Touch?

Trusted Contributor - Level 3

@kesha1 

Top right. Next top the Beat/SMPTE display.