Contributor - Level 3

Assign Confusion on X32 Compact

Hi all. I love my new X32 Compact. It does everything I want and more. However I am a bit confused about the assign function. On the X32 one can switch between the A, B and C layers at the push of a button but on the Compact this is not available. So if I push (for example) button 3 in the assign section on the board, which layer does that apply to?
-------------------------------------------------- Sent from my PDP-11
Tags (1)
KeithBrown Contributor - Level 3 2017-07-01

2017-07-01

Assign Confusion on X32 Compact

Hi all. I love my new X32 Compact. It does everything I want and more. However I am a bit confused about the assign function. On the X32 one can switch between the A, B and C layers at the push of a button but on the Compact this is not available. So if I push (for example) button 3 in the assign section on the board, which layer does that apply to?

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Assign Confusion

I believe it defaults to bank A. If you want to go to banks B and C. press the view button in the assign section right above the mute groups. when you got banks b and c it should be highlighted and the buttons should correspond with that bank
Contributor - Level 3

Assign Confusion

Thanks for the reply. That's kind of what I thought would be the case. I guess that was one of the design considerations in making the X32 Compact ... compact. Still, it seems a bit awkward to have to flip to the view screen, change from A to B or C and then push one of the buttons. Also, if you don't know which layer the assign buttons are currently in you have to go to the view screen.

Anyway, the X32 Compact is still a fine mixer. I'd recommend it to anyone.
-------------------------------------------------- Sent from my PDP-11