Recording

If your passion lies in recording then this is the page for you! Together with other recording engineers, you can share experiences, tips, gear recommendations and more.

Highlighted

Audio Inferface crackling noise output 1 line

Contributor - Level 1
Hello guys!
I am using a Xenyx 302 USB and I am experiencing a problem with the left output line. When connected to my active monitor I am hearing constant crackling noise. I already switched cables and I am sure the problem comes from the line.

I am open to suggestions for losing the problem.
1 REPLY 1

Re: Audio Inferface crackling noise output 1 line

Contributor - Level 3
Niki Naumov;159917 wrote:
Hello guys!
I am using a Xenyx 302 USB and I am experiencing a problem with the left output line. When connected to my active monitor I am hearing constant crackling noise. I already switched cables and I am sure the problem comes from the line.

I am open to suggestions for losing the problem.

Hi Niki,

Welcome to the forums. How old is the mixer? Is it still under warranty? If so, I'd contact Behringer for repair options.

I know you said you swapped output cables and the problem stayed with the left output but are you sure the problem is the output? Do you hear the crackling in the headphones? What about if you playback USB instead of Line in? Also, try using the 2-Track inputs and checking Main Out as well as headphones. RCA jacks are known to develop cracked solder joints over time so this is possibly the source of the problem.

Hope this helps,
Ken
If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Conversation Stats
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributors