Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Auria Pro recording problem.

ok been messing around with it at home instead of the rehearsal studio. I am recording just a basic vocal mic. I have it set up sounding great on the xr 18. I hooked it up to the Auria Pro none of my gate/compress/EQ/FX is being recorded to the Auria an there is a static whenever i speak into the mic which is also being recorded. So what I did is plug my headphones into the XR18 squared away my sound then i plug my headphones into my ipad and hear the static and no Presets from the XR18 both before recording and after. It sounds terrible. It is not my headphone output on my ipad because anything I paly on it, music, movies etc.., it sounds fine. Also in Auria I created a new project added one channel. That is it did not adjust any other settings. Dont know what to do next. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Drama Contributor - Level 2 2020-03-02

2020-03-02

Auria Pro recording problem.

ok been messing around with it at home instead of the rehearsal studio. I am recording just a basic vocal mic. I have it set up sounding great on the xr 18. I hooked it up to the Auria Pro none of my gate/compress/EQ/FX is being recorded to the Auria an there is a static whenever i speak into the mic which is also being recorded. So what I did is plug my headphones into the XR18 squared away my sound then i plug my headphones into my ipad and hear the static and no Presets from the XR18 both before recording and after. It sounds terrible. It is not my headphone output on my ipad because anything I paly on it, music, movies etc.., it sounds fine. Also in Auria I created a new project added one channel. That is it did not adjust any other settings. Dont know what to do next. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: Auria Pro recording problem.

You need to adjust the USB Sends  to send the audio to Auria to "Post EQ".

Normally the audio is sent directly from the analog input.

In the Routing tab of X-Air Edit on the iPad - USB Outputs - far right of the screen - tap on Analog and choose Post EQ.

Should do the trick.

No idea about scratchy sound.

Logic Pro X 10.4.8, 10.5.0, X-Touch 1.15, XR18 1.5, macOS 10.14.5|10.15.2