Re: Behringer MX1600 replaced with Behringer XENYX X2222USB - Stereo inputs balance mess up sound
Contributor - Level 2

Behringer MX1600 replaced with Behringer XENYX X2222USB - Stereo inputs balance mess up sound

Hi

i am new in this board and have a question about the inputs and outputs. I am not shure if i am too stupid but i try to use the new mixer as i used the old MX1600 device. When I connect a stereo audio source to the stereo, the stereo sum is distorted. If I adjust the balance to test left or right, the sound is clean, but only on the channel. The stereo sum is also distorted. If I use two mono lines for the left and right channels and the left channel to the left and the right channel to the right at the balance, the stereo sum is also distorted.
On the old MX1600 that was never a problem to fix a stereo source with the balance. On the new X2222 the stereo sum is always distorted. Basses are barely audible. The signal on the left and on the right rises. I could say that. What am I doing wrong? With the old mixer went that, at the new I just despair.

4zap Contributor - Level 2 2019-08-08

2019-08-08

Behringer MX1600 replaced with Behringer XENYX X2222USB - Stereo inputs balance mess up sound

Hi

i am new in this board and have a question about the inputs and outputs. I am not shure if i am too stupid but i try to use the new mixer as i used the old MX1600 device. When I connect a stereo audio source to the stereo, the stereo sum is distorted. If I adjust the balance to test left or right, the sound is clean, but only on the channel. The stereo sum is also distorted. If I use two mono lines for the left and right channels and the left channel to the left and the right channel to the right at the balance, the stereo sum is also distorted.
On the old MX1600 that was never a problem to fix a stereo source with the balance. On the new X2222 the stereo sum is always distorted. Basses are barely audible. The signal on the left and on the right rises. I could say that. What am I doing wrong? With the old mixer went that, at the new I just despair.

• 0 Kudos
  • 5 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: Behringer MX1600 replaced with Behringer XENYX X2222USB - Stereo inputs balance mess up sound

@4zap wrote:

Hi Rex

thanks for the quick reply... i am really desperate and thinking about sending this device back to the reseller. I had this kind of effect with no other mixer i ever used... and i used a lot in the past, also big prof. Mixers in prof. Studios. So i am aware how to connect my devices..Thats what is confusing me.

i tried several stereo sources. For my guitars i use a Korg pocket amplifier with a stereo out. Second source is Roland Keyboard XP80 with a stereo out and some more sund modules with a hifi stereo output. All devices sound well when i connect them to old MX1600. Then i tried a MP3 Player, same result, stereo sum is distorted. I routed the source to the main out and tried the sub out. always a distorted stereo sum. When i balance to left on a stereo line in the sound is clear, but only on the left side. same when i balance to the right side. so the input signal seems to be well, but when i balance to stereo (middle position as usual) it seems both channel killing each other in the sum. 

I tried the stereo line ins - using a brandnew 6.3mm stereo plug to 6.3mm mono plugs which works well in the past. Did not get it running without distortion in the stereo sum.

Then i connected the 6.3mm mono plugs to the first mono line in channels. I adjusted the first channel to the left side with the balance, the 2nd channel to the right side with the balance. Thats how i did it always.

I tried several configurations and i always failed. I am a little bit anoyed about it. Didnt expect this issues because i am working with music instruments and recording equipement for many years and i never facing sound problems like this. Both signals seem to overlap and then cancel each other out in the Stereo sum. I've checked that comes out of the devices real stereo and not twice mono.

Maybe i missed something? The manual does not help me at all.

Can post some pics later this day. i am in the office right now and need to work Smiley Sad

@4zap 

Hi Rainer, it seems that you have tried all the usual troubleshooting steps and verified that your sources are good. Your description suggests that one side of the stereo signal is getting inverted somewhere in the mixer. When the two sides are summed, most of the signal (the mono part) would then cancel and only the quieter stereo difference would be left. As far as I can see, there are no controls on the X2222USB that could cause this so it suggests that it is a hardware fault. I would call your reseller.

Highlighted

@4zap 

Hi Rainer, welcome to the forum.

Can you explain what your stereo source is, how you are connecting it and what cables/adapters you are using? It sounds as though you could have an issue with balanced/unbalanced connections. Attach a photo of the mixer showing the stereo input channel connections and settings if possible.

Contributor - Level 2

Hi Rex

thanks for the quick reply... i am really desperate and thinking about sending this device back to the reseller. I had this kind of effect with no other mixer i ever used... and i used a lot in the past, also big prof. Mixers in prof. Studios. So i am aware how to connect my devices..Thats what is confusing me.

i tried several stereo sources. For my guitars i use a Korg pocket amplifier with a stereo out. Second source is Roland Keyboard XP80 with a stereo out and some more sund modules with a hifi stereo output. All devices sound well when i connect them to old MX1600. Then i tried a MP3 Player, same result, stereo sum is distorted. I routed the source to the main out and tried the sub out. always a distorted stereo sum. When i balance to left on a stereo line in the sound is clear, but only on the left side. same when i balance to the right side. so the input signal seems to be well, but when i balance to stereo (middle position as usual) it seems both channel killing each other in the sum. 

I tried the stereo line ins - using a brandnew 6.3mm stereo plug to 6.3mm mono plugs which works well in the past. Did not get it running without distortion in the stereo sum.

Then i connected the 6.3mm mono plugs to the first mono line in channels. I adjusted the first channel to the left side with the balance, the 2nd channel to the right side with the balance. Thats how i did it always.

I tried several configurations and i always failed. I am a little bit anoyed about it. Didnt expect this issues because i am working with music instruments and recording equipement for many years and i never facing sound problems like this. Both signals seem to overlap and then cancel each other out in the Stereo sum. I've checked that comes out of the devices real stereo and not twice mono.

Can post some pics later this day. i am in the office right now and need to work Smiley Sad

@4zap wrote:

Hi Rex

@4zap 

Hi Rainer, it seems that you have tried all the usual troubleshooting steps and verified that your sources are good. Your description suggests that one side of the stereo signal is getting inverted somewhere in the mixer. When the two sides are summed, most of the signal (the mono part) would then cancel and only the quieter stereo difference would be left. As far as I can see, there are no controls on the X2222USB that could cause this so it suggests that it is a hardware fault. I would call your reseller.

Contributor - Level 2

Hi Rex

the reseller told me to send it back. A new one is send out and i will receive it monday. Thanks for you confirmation that the device must have an hardware issue. 

Contributor - Level 2

Received the replacement mixer. Its working as expected - no issues anymore. All channels works fine. Smiley Happy