Contributor - Level 3

Behringer U-Phoria UM2

I am not able to record the Guitar voice through INST 2 dedicated input jack, my vocals is being recorded but not the instrument voice, i am using Adobe audition CC DAW on Windows 10 x64, Please help me out i have tried to do the channel mapping and set the audio preferences also but not able to record the guitar voice. 

faizzam Contributor - Level 3 2019-06-17

2019-06-17

Behringer U-Phoria UM2

I am not able to record the Guitar voice through INST 2 dedicated input jack, my vocals is being recorded but not the instrument voice, i am using Adobe audition CC DAW on Windows 10 x64, Please help me out i have tried to do the channel mapping and set the audio preferences also but not able to record the guitar voice. 

• 1 Kudo
  • 20 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Contributor - Level 3

Re: Behringer U-Phoria UM2

You have exactly the same channel from the UM2 selected for both Tracks 1 and 2 in Audition's Multitrack. You need to change of them to the other input from the drop down menu accessed by clicking on the little arrow at the right hand end of the Track Input selection box. You need to select [01M] for one of the tracks leaving the other on [02M].

View solution in original post

Contributor - Level 3

Can you hear the guitar input in your headphones when you have the Direct monitor button pressed? Are you trying to record to separate mono tracks in Audition's Multitrack view?

Contributor - Level 3

Yea i can hear the guitar input from the direct monitor pressed that jack is working but not able to record on mono multitrack as well as waveform track.. when i installed the ASIO4all then it was working but there is so much noice i want to use it in MME not on ASIO. 

Contributor - Level 3

For your mono mic recording the Track in Audition will have something like behringer (01M) selected. To record guitar input from UM2 the second Audition track input will need to be set to Behringer (02M).

Contributor - Level 3

I have tried that as well but not able to record the INST2 from my device behringer UM2, when i installed the ASIO driver then it was working after selecting the ASIO from channel mapping, then it was working but i want to use the MME setup from my DAW. Please help. 

Contributor - Level 3

Can you check my DAW using Team viewer?? I can give you the access so that you can check what else i am missing to setuo the device with my laptop, whether the drivers are not installed correclty or required some settings.

Contributor - Level 3

In Audition's Audio Channel Mapping page what do you see listed for the Default Stereo Input? Do you see the two separate mono channels there like in my picture?

ScreenHunter_84 Jun. 18 22.21.jpg

Contributor - Level 3

I see the exactely same channel mapping in my Audition setting. 

Contributor - Level 3

Then you should be able to assign each one individually to separate tracks in Audition.

ScreenHunter_85 Jun. 19 12.18.jpg

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Under this condition i need to active the recording button on both track, then on 1 track the vocal will be recorded and on the track 2 instrument will be recorded ??