faizzam Contributor - Level 3 2019-06-17

2019-06-17

Behringer U-Phoria UM2

I am not able to record the Guitar voice through INST 2 dedicated input jack, my vocals is being recorded but not the instrument voice, i am using Adobe audition CC DAW on Windows 10 x64, Please help me out i have tried to do the channel mapping and set the audio preferences also but not able to record the guitar voice. 

• 1 Kudo
  • 20 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: Behringer U-Phoria UM2

Yes, that is correct if you want to record both at the same time. Or only Rec enable Track 1 so that you can go back and record your vocal after you have already recorded the guitar backing.

Contributor - Level 3

I didnt get this statement : 

"Or only Rec enable Track 1 so that you can go back and record your vocal after you have already recorded the guitar backing."

I will check this on both track recording. 

Contributor - Level 3

it means that with Multitrack in Audition you can either record as many tracks as you want all at the same time. Or do your recordings one track at a time 'overdubbing' one track after an other. In other words with your set up you could just record your guitar on track 2 first. Then go back and disarm record on track 2, arm track 1 and record your vocal whilst listening back to your pre-recorded guitar track. 

Contributor - Level 3

Alright I will try this and will get back to you. Thank you. 

Contributor - Level 3

Sir i have tried this as well please see the screenshot of the setting and audio hardware, when i enable both track for the recording only vocals is being recorded, my guitar voice is not being recorded. there are 2 input showing but why the voice is not being recorded??

is there any issue with audio driver in my laptop?? i have updated the driver also of realtek audio drivers.

Contributor - Level 3

Contributor - Level 3

Contributor - Level 3

You have exactly the same channel from the UM2 selected for both Tracks 1 and 2 in Audition's Multitrack. You need to change of them to the other input from the drop down menu accessed by clicking on the little arrow at the right hand end of the Track Input selection box. You need to select [01M] for one of the tracks leaving the other on [02M].

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

I have tried that as well "You need to select [01M] for one of the tracks leaving the other on [02M]" 

But still not able to record the guitar voice, i think it requires the Behringer driver for the USB port i have not tried this so far this is the last option for me. lets see if it works. By the way thanks for your kind help stay connected.

Contributor - Level 1

I have The Same problem, I can make the program get anithing trhou (Inst 2).

I install the asio4all driver on my pc ( Im using win 10 64 bits), 

When I got to FL Studios and selec the asio 4 all driver for my audio devices a get a noice throu the laptop speaker, and cant get anithing recorde in neither channel of the UM2 devices. Butt when I choose the FL Studio asio driver I can only get the signal throu the mic Line, But nothing throug the Inst 2 line.

I belive the driver is not working correctly.

The Same kind of thing happen on Reaper.

I can see the LED ligth go green in (Inst 2) butt the program wont see it.

Im using FL Studio, and Reaper and neither of them will record on the Ints 2 Channel