Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Behringer UB2222FX-pro mixer query

Hi all,

I have just acquired a Behringer UB2222FX-pro mixer and I have a couple of queries about it. I have read the manual and it doesn't shed much light on it.

1. Do the control room outputs mirror the main output signal?

2. How many aux sends are on this mixer? Each channel strip has two aux send knobs and an FX send knob, but in the aux send/FX out section on the mixer, there are four jacks, marked 1, 2, 3 and FX. What is aux out 3? If it's a third aux send, how do I access it as there is no aux send 3 knob in the channel strips?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam
SamClark Contributor - Level 2 2019-01-21

2019-01-21

Behringer UB2222FX-pro mixer query

Hi all,

I have just acquired a Behringer UB2222FX-pro mixer and I have a couple of queries about it. I have read the manual and it doesn't shed much light on it.

2. How many aux sends are on this mixer? Each channel strip has two aux send knobs and an FX send knob, but in the aux send/FX out section on the mixer, there are four jacks, marked 1, 2, 3 and FX. What is aux out 3? If it's a third aux send, how do I access it as there is no aux send 3 knob in the channel strips?

Thanks,
Sam

• 0 Kudos
  • 5 Replies
Rock Star - Level 1

Re: Behringer UB2222FX-pro mixer query

Sam Clark;159127 wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks,
Sam

Hi Sam,

The "Source" section has three buttons that select what goes to the control room&phones. CD/Tape, Sub1-2, or Main Mix are the options.

The Aux Sends is a mystery. The send knobs are labelled 1(Mon), 2, and 3(FX) but the Aux Sends Jacks are labelled 1, 2, 3, and FX. This one is worth a call to Behringer support.

When they published block diagrams of their mixers we could figure this stuff out on our own.

Hope this helps,
Ken
If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 2

Ken Mitchell;159341 wrote:
Hi Sam,

The "Source" section has three buttons that select what goes to the control room&phones. CD/Tape, Sub1-2, or Main Mix are the options.

The Aux Sends is a mystery. The send knobs are labelled 1(Mon), 2, and 3(FX) but the Aux Sends Jacks are labelled 1, 2, 3, and FX. This one is worth a call to Behringer support.

When they published block diagrams of their mixers we could figure this stuff out on our own.

Hope this helps,
Ken

Yup, we need to petition Behringer to start publishing 'block diagrams' again!!!

OT.........
Ken,
Your line 'If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver' gave cause for me chuckle a bit. Many years ago I was using a metal taper jig on my table saw. I had finished a cut and was lifting the jig away from the table. It inadvertently swung into the still spinning carbide tipped blade. It was quite loud and I ended up peppered by small chunks of carbide flying at me, a couple that broke skin.
Contributor - Level 3

answers

Hi:

I used one for many years (but no longer own it). It's a great mixer and very flexible once you understand it's routing.

The manual explains it pretty thoroughly, I had no trouble finding a copy by googling. I suggest reading it.

The only confusing thing is that the manual describes three different models and they are quite different in their use of auxes.

AUX SEND 3 (FX)
The FX control determines the signal level for effects processing, i.e. regulates the level to an external (or the internal) effects device.

AUX SEND (FX)
The AUX SEND (FX) jack carries the master aux mix (from the channel􏰀s FX controls). You can connect this to an external effects device to process the FX bus. The processed signal can then be brought from the effects device back into the STEREO AUX RETURN jacks.

The FX label is just a suggestion, it can be used for any post fader need.

Aux3 feeds BOTH the internal effects unit and the jack on the top panel. It's always post fader. If you're not using the internal effects, it's quite handy.

The confusing one is the FX out jack. It's useful, but tricky to use without funny cabling. It has the FX unit's stereo output - the same FX signals sent to the main LR.

It's wired in a completely different fashion. It's NOT a "psuedo balanced" mono output like all the other sends! It's a STEREO feed with L connected to the Tip and R connected to the ring. This is useful if you wish to record from all the channel inserts, but still record the FX unit output separately for later combining in the mix.

You usually need a Y splitter cable (like an insert cable) to separate L and R to make good use of it.

hope this helps...

M

PS: the block diagram is published in a separate document called "UB2222FX-PRO_SPECS_Rev_C", which is more of a sales brochure. ...m
Rock Star - Level 1

Thanks Mario. I found the block diagram and it makes sense now. The markings are still confusing.

I put the block diagram here.

Mark, If you Google Ivan and see who he works for you'll understand his definition of LOUD. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk54IFD4znw

The full quote is "If you want LOUD then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. If you want WATTS then buy a toaster."

Ken
If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks a lot guys, that clears things up. So the FX send knob controls either the aux 3 or the internal effects? I don't have the mixer with me but I assume the internal effects will be bypassed if a jack is plugged into the aux 3 send socket?

Mario, appreciate the informative reply but you and I must have a different definition of the word 'thoroughly'.

The reason I ask about the Control output is that the R Main Jack, the R Main XLR and R phono outputs are all dead. The Left output for all three is working fine. I assume thet must all be fed from the same source internally before they hit the outputs. At present, only the Sub outputs are giving a working stereo signal. I didn't test the Control output so not sure about that and it's in for repair at the moment, but was hoping if they can't be fixed then maybe I could use the Control out instead. The headphone output doesn't work at all, so not sure if that will affect the Control outs or not. I wonder if I could use the FX stereo out with the effects bypassed? Basically I need two working stereo outputs, I don't care which ones they are.

Cheers,
Sam