Contributor - Level 2

Behringer X32 Aux input noise

Good Day guys,

My church got a brand new X32 console with the S32 digital snake. I set it up like I usually do with X32s and I check the aux inputs and realized that it isnt accepting any audio through it and I am getting this noise here: http://bit.ly/2jIGxSh and I don't understand what is going on. I now have the local X32 1 and 2 inputs routed to the Aux input, but this isnt ideal. It isnt a routing issue and it came with 2.12 version firmware I believe, I updated it to the latest.

Any ideas as to what this could be? or how to fix it?
ChristopherMaug Contributor - Level 2 02-02-2017

02-02-2017

Behringer X32 Aux input noise

Good Day guys,

My church got a brand new X32 console with the S32 digital snake. I set it up like I usually do with X32s and I check the aux inputs and realized that it isnt accepting any audio through it and I am getting this noise here: http://bit.ly/2jIGxSh and I don't understand what is going on. I now have the local X32 1 and 2 inputs routed to the Aux input, but this isnt ideal. It isnt a routing issue and it came with 2.12 version firmware I believe, I updated it to the latest.

Any ideas as to what this could be? or how to fix it?

• 0 Kudos
  • 16 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Behringer X32 Aux input noise

Can you upload your scene so we can take a look at it?
Volunteer Moderator

Is it one or all of your aux inputs? Does your aux outputs work? Does the talkback mic input work?
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

Good Day, thanks for the replies,

the scene file is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r4wwbe48ouj0v3x/INIT.scn?dl=0

It is all of the aux inputs. When I turn on the board and nothing is plugged into the inputs, they all are receiving signal. the first green LED is lit up constantly. I also realize that 3&4 would be spiking here and there, but as you could hear in the link before, it sounds like digital garbage.

Thanks.
Contributor - Level 2

I have to check the outputs and I will check the external TB mic tomorrow.
Contributor - Level 2

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue.

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Hi @lwright1982 ,

A few things I would suggest offhand

* Check the syncronization - X32 must be set to Internal

* Connect AES50 cable to A port of the S32. It doesn't get the word clock from its B port

* Attach your scene file anyways (even if you are certain there is no routing issue). More eyes are always a help.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator
Contributor - Level 2

Paul,

Thank you for replying so quickly!

When I installed the Dante card, it told me to set the syncronization to "exp. card". I tried setting to internal but it seemed to have no effect. Is there something I need to do after setting to internal?

The Cat6 cable is connected to the Primary port on the Dante card.

I tried to attach the scene file but got this error. The attachment's lmw_03172019.scn content type (application/octet-stream) does not match its file extension and has been removed. I changed the file extension to jpg and tried again. It didn't work. Is there a trick to this? Do I need the editor and take a screenshot of it?

Volunteer Moderator

Hi @lwright1982,

Yes the Dante has to be the master clock. Make sure the console synchronization is set to Exp. Card. Sorry for the confusion. I had initially replied to the OP, then realized it was an old post.

To attach your scene file, you have to zip it first, then attach the zip file. They are working on fixing the .scn and .snp file extension attachment error.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator
Contributor - Level 2

Show and Scene files attached.