Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Behringer X32 X-USB seperate mix for streaming

We have an X32 in our church which is used for FOH sound. I am using the X-USB interface plugged into my PC via USB which is going into Studio One so that I can have a seperate mix for streaming. I have it set up so that the signal is pre-fader so the FOH engineer's mix isn't affecting my mix. This part seems to be working correctly. Where I am hitting a wall is getting the signal from Studio One's master bus back through the X-USB card and into my streaming device. I have scoured the internet for how to do this to no avail. Help!!!

Stonedground Contributor - Level 2 2019-10-12

2019-10-12

Behringer X32 X-USB seperate mix for streaming

We have an X32 in our church which is used for FOH sound. I am using the X-USB interface plugged into my PC via USB which is going into Studio One so that I can have a seperate mix for streaming. I have it set up so that the signal is pre-fader so the FOH engineer's mix isn't affecting my mix. This part seems to be working correctly. Where I am hitting a wall is getting the signal from Studio One's master bus back through the X-USB card and into my streaming device. I have scoured the internet for how to do this to no avail. Help!!!

• 0 Kudos
  • 7 Replies
Highlighted
Rising Star - Level 3

Re: Behringer X32 X-USB seperate mix for streaming

@Stonedground You might try making all your DAW track outputs either master, which is then assigned stereo out 1+2 or simply make each track output stereo out 1+2. I dont know that particular daw but it must have similar output options. Then on your X32 use aux remap and select "card 1-2"  Aux ch 1 and 2 should have your mix and can be used to send the mix to your streaming device. Maybe worth a try!

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Hi @GaryHiggins , thanks for the reply. I am pretty new to the X32, and am still learning a lot. So I have the X-USB card set up to be 32/8 on the console. I have the 32 inputs mapped to 32 mono channels in my DAW, and I mapped the left and right of my master bus to output channels 1 and 2 on the card. Are you saying under the Aux In 1-4 on the Home tab of the ROUTING function, that Card 1-4 are the first 4 channels of the card coming back to the board? Again, I really appreciate all the help I can get being a total newb.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Hello Bruce (@Stonedground),

when I understand you correctly, your streaming device is connected to a physical output of the X32. If this is the case, have you considered to just send all channels internally direct to a linked pair of busses of the X32 pre fader, link your mix busses to the physical outputs of the X32 and use just the X32 to mix your stream? This would delete the X-USB, DAW and PC from your required setup.

Cheers Ulf

Behringer XR18, X Air iPad Air2, X-Air-Edit PC Windows 7, X Air Android
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for the reply @UlfBoettcher however, the whole point of this is to have a seperate mix for streaming because our FOH engineer is using the board to mix the sound for the house mix. I might not have mentioned I am doing this live. 

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Bruce,

this is understood. But you would mix your dedicated pair of busses only, like every musician could do with his monitor mix, using a tablet, smartphone or PC. On a mobile device, you could use MX-Q which can be limited to a dedicated bus to prevent mixing FOH by mistake.

Cheers Ulf

Behringer XR18, X Air iPad Air2, X-Air-Edit PC Windows 7, X Air Android
Highlighted
Rising Star - Level 3

@Stonedground Down at the bottom of the inputs page (X32 Edit) you will see aux remap, by default the auxes are mapped to the physical aux inputs on the mixer-so it will show 'aux ins' in the window. If you change that to card 1-2, it will switch the first 2 aux ch's sources to card inputs 1 and 2 (card playback of 1 and 2) You will see several options to use as sources for the 6 aux ch's on the mixer drop down as well. For instance you could select card 1-6 or local 1-6 or aes50 A/B 1-6 and if you did, all the aux ch's would be swapped out for those choices. By using just 1/2 aux ch 3-6 are still available and mapped to the physical aux in jacks on the mixer. That option to remap the aux inputs can be very useful for other things as well.  

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 1.27.20 PM.png

Contributor - Level 2

Ok. That makes sense. I'll give it a shot next week at church. Thanks for the feedback.