Recording

If your passion lies in recording then this is the page for you! Together with other recording engineers, you can share experiences, tips, gear recommendations and more.

Highlighted

Behringer XENYX UFX1604 - Firewire not working

Contributor - Level 2
Several years ago, I purchased the Behringer XENYX UFX1604. I've done a lot of recording with it. Nice warm sounding board.

However, about a week ago, the firewire port stopped working. When I switch over to it, the FW/USB indicator light turns off after a few seconds. I tried several cables and even bought a brand new one, but it still reacts the same way.

Is there a fuse inside that might need changing?

Any ideas on how I can fix this issue?

I don't like using the usb port because it keeps clicking and popping every time I activate a new channel in the DAW, or even just loading videos i YouTube, Facebook or songs in Spotify.

I'm right at the start of a project and don't want to send it off for repairs and rent another board for the 4-6 weeks it takes to get it back.
1 REPLY 1

To add some clarity

Contributor - Level 2
I did turn the mixer off, hold hold the FF button, saw STD, so I did it again and got the correct NAC in the MIDI Transport Control Window.

If anyone has any ideas of what to do next, I'd greatly appreciate hearing them.
Conversation Stats
  • Views
  • Kudos Given
  • Contributor