Highlighted

Behringer XR18 and Turbosound IQ's on Ultranet

Contributor - Level 2
Hello...I currently have the Behringer XR 18 and (2) iQ12's and (2) iQ 18 subs for my FOH.

I'm wanting to add (2) iQ 8's as floor monitors. My question, can I do the FOH AND the monitors through the ultranet? and how do I control the volumes of the floor monitors in my XR18?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Behringer XR18 and Turbosound IQ's on Ultranet

Contributor - Level 3
...Can I do the FOH AND the monitors through the ultranet?

Yes. In the In\Out menu>Ultranet tab, set some of the ultranet channels to be sourced from bus masters, post fader. Then tune the floor monitors into the relevant ultranet channels.

and how do I control the volumes of the floor monitors in my XR18?

Using the bus masters through whatever app you're using to control the XR18.

Contributor - Level 2
And...how do I control volume of the iq12's and iq18b's separately? We were using them tonight and I needed to turn down the subs and increase the volumes on the iq12s but I cannot figure out how to do that.

Volunteer Moderator
There is a gain trim control on the speakers so that you can balance the levels between them if you need to.

Unlike the x32 there is no separate mono bus or matrix available for doing an aux feed sub. If you really need separate fader control you need to use a mixbus for this but keep in mind that you need to operate two faders since it is not possible to link them.

I’m surprised to hear that you had so much difference in levels between the subs and tops as they usually sound quite balanced in a normal LR-setup.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!

Super Contributor - Level 2
It depends on how you have them connected, if they are all on their own P16 ch and those assigned to different buses it is the bus master fader of each. If they are sharing Main L and Main R with each side having an 18 and a 12, left side using a p16 ch and right using another, you may need to adjust the speakers gain settings to achieve the correct balance of subs to mains. (as Robert said) An increase/decrease of level on the mains will maintain that balance. Gain can be changed on each speaker itself or by usb connection using a pc with Turbosound software. Obviously both subs would have the same gain as would both IQ12's.

I think I would try using 5 ultranet ch's though

ch 1=main L
ch 2=main R
ch 3=mixbus 1
ch 4=mixbus 2
ch 5=mixbus 3

Put the L side IQ12 on p16 ch 1
Put the R side IQ12 on p16 ch 2
Put BOTH IQ18's on p16 ch 3 (1 fader control for both speakers)
Put 1 IQ8 on p16 ch 4
Put 1 IQ8 on p16 ch 5

Main fader controls IQ12's level
Mixbus 1 master fader controls BOTH subs
Mixbus 2 master fader controls one IQ8
Mixbus 3 master fader controls the other IQ8

bus 1 would be made up of any ch's that require sub support like kick, floor toms and bass guitar.
bus 2 is any ch's needed in monitor 1
bus 3 is any ch's needed in monitor 2

Contributor - Level 2
So I changed my mind and bought Turbosound monitors...TFX122M-AN. How do I go about with setting these up within my XR18? Crossovers, EQ, etc.

Super Contributor - Level 2
Greg Warren;155916 wrote:
So I changed my mind and bought Turbosound monitors...TFX122M-AN. How do I go about with setting these up within my XR18? Crossovers, EQ, etc.

Nice monitors, just put them on the same P16 ch's you used for the IQ8's, The speakers have some onboard eq options but I would run them flat and adjust them using the assigned Mixbus eq at each venue setting and based on who is monitoring what. It can vary by a lot.

Contributor - Level 2
Maybe this is the wrong forum for this question, but I'm using Heil PR30 mics to mic our choir at these different venues. I'm NOT feeding the choir back into the monitors...they are only getting our prerecorded accompaniment tracks in the monitor, but I am getting a little feedback when I push the choir mics. Any suggestions on EQ cuts on the floor monitors to help with the feedback? Use pink noise on the monitors to make them flat? etc.

Volunteer Moderator
If the mics aren’t in the monitors how can they then cause feedback in the monitors?

I’m not sure that I read your question correctly...

Greg Warren;155970 wrote:
Maybe this is the wrong forum for this question, but I'm using Heil PR30 mics to mic our choir at these different venues. I'm NOT feeding the choir back into the monitors...they are only getting our prerecorded accompaniment tracks in the monitor, but I am getting a little feedback when I push the choir mics. Any suggestions on EQ cuts on the floor monitors to help with the feedback? Use pink noise on the monitors to make them flat? etc.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!

Contributor - Level 2
Sorry...feedback in the FOH...wondering that the EQ is wrong in the monitors and the FOH is having feedback because it's picking up the prerecorded music in the monitors?

Also, after I ring out the choir mics with nobody in the room, I can push them and don't get feedback but the FOH sounds like I'm in a tunnel when I speak or sing through them as an individual. Not sure what frequencies to cut to make them sound more natural. To clarify further, when practice starts and I have all of my choir members present and singing, if I push the mics, that's when I'm getting feedback.