Behringer XR18 and windows 4.59 drivers - stuck on 2/2ch in windows
Contributor - Level 2

Salut,

I have an issue after upgrading my Behringer XR18 drivers from 4.38 to 4.59. I followed the procedure from the zip file and everything went well (Driver install + USB update to 1.02).

But, after the upgrade is done, I can't have access to my 18/18 channels through windows. I went through the X-AIR-Edit software and change the USB channel interface back and forth (2/2ch to 18/18ch) but no result. My interface still shows up at 2/2 ch in Windows no matter what.

My configuration:

• X-AIR-Edit_PC_V1.5
  • XR18_Firmware_1.17
  • BEHRINGER_XAir_DriverSetup_v4.59.0
  • Win 1903

Going back to 4.38 fixed the issue.

Please send help Smiley Happy

Thanks!

A1RM4X Contributor - Level 2 2 weeks ago

2 weeks ago

Salut,

I have an issue after upgrading my Behringer XR18 drivers from 4.38 to 4.59. I followed the procedure from the zip file and everything went well (Driver install + USB update to 1.02).

But, after the upgrade is done, I can't have access to my 18/18 channels through windows. I went through the X-AIR-Edit software and change the USB channel interface back and forth (2/2ch to 18/18ch) but no result. My interface still shows up at 2/2 ch in Windows no matter what.

My configuration:

• X-AIR-Edit_PC_V1.5
  • XR18_Firmware_1.17
  • BEHRINGER_XAir_DriverSetup_v4.59.0
  • Win 1903

Going back to 4.38 fixed the issue.

Please send help Smiley Happy

Thanks!

• 0 Kudos
  • 9 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Behringer XR18 and windows 4.59 drivers - stuck on 2/2ch in windows

Same as my issue with the x32.

Got told to change the device type to ASIO then the daw saw all the channels.

Only windows doesn't see them. It only still sees 2 channels

Contributor - Level 2

Interesting. I am looking for the channels to appear in windows as intended...

Contributor - Level 3

Windows 10 should be able to see more than two of the XR's channels via USB but not all of them I'm afraid. In a modern Windows installation you should be able to see and use eight of them. They should appear in the Control Panel/Sound as four pairs of stereo in and outs. Otherwise as previously mentioned audio DAWs should see all the XR18's ins and outs when the ASIO audio drivers are selected with the 4.59 drivers installed.
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah you are right. I can see all the digital input / output when using the 4.38 drivers version but I just can't while using the 4.59 drivers version.

It looks like I am not the only one having this specific issue...

Contributor - Level 3

I should stick with the 4.38 drivers then. Not sure what the update to 4.59 actually added.
Contributor - Level 2

Have you ran application in the “DFU-Folder”?

I got an error in that step. always.

Contributor - Level 1

Hi,

Sorry but it's normal according to x18_audio.inf file included into the exe inside the zip file.

With the version 4.38 you can see these lines inside inf file :
HKR,Config\SoundDeviceProfiles\plb\sd1,"DisplayName",%REG_SZ%,"Line Out 1-2"
HKR,Config\SoundDeviceProfiles\plb\sd2,"DisplayName",%REG_SZ%,"Line Out 3-4"
HKR,Config\SoundDeviceProfiles\plb\sd3,"DisplayName",%REG_SZ%,"Line Out 5-6"
HKR,Config\SoundDeviceProfiles\plb\sd4,"DisplayName",%REG_SZ%,"Line Out 7-8"
HKR,Config\SoundDeviceProfiles\rec\sd1,"DisplayName",%REG_SZ%,"Line In 1-2"
HKR,Config\SoundDeviceProfiles\rec\sd2,"DisplayName",%REG_SZ%,"Line In 3-4"
HKR,Config\SoundDeviceProfiles\rec\sd3,"DisplayName",%REG_SZ%,"Line In 5-6"
HKR,Config\SoundDeviceProfiles\rec\sd4,"DisplayName",%REG_SZ%,"Line In 7-8"

And in the 4.59 you have only :
HKR,"Config\SoundDeviceProfiles\plb\sd1","DisplayName",%REG_SZ%,"OUT 1-2"
HKR,"Config\SoundDeviceProfiles\rec\sd1","DisplayName",%REG_SZ%,"IN 1-2"

So the problem is not on your side but it's due to the last version.
You must use ASIO is you want all channels or ask to behringer why the latest inf file does not include more WDM  inputs/ouputs.

Contributor - Level 1

I'm having the same problem on my X32 rack.  I reverted back to the 4.11 X-USB drivers from 4.59, but no change either.  I used two DAW's, Ableton and Mixcraft.  Ableton has a selection to choose how many channels the project is using in and out, and still no multi-channel output from the X32, except for two channels.  (I'm using 1-16 card out, and 17-32 routed back from the card for monitoring during overdubbing.)  I'm not sure how I could use this for a virtual soundcheck as described many places.  I can only see audio coming back on 17 and 18.  If I mute the tracks in the DAW, they go away in the X32, so they are being heard as three distinct tracks, but they are being wrapped into 2 channels at the X32.  (Or maybe by Windows somehow.)  Also, oddly enough, they are flipped, track one for track two.  Any ideas?

Tags (1)
Contributor - Level 1

Ummm...you can check me off this list.  My problem was in my DAW's.  One of them can't send anything but a stereo pair  (dumb...) and the other one required me to assign the tracks to the outputs I wanted them to go to, then through the card back to my X32.  Works fine now.  Six days of seven hours only to find the enemy was me.  I need a nap now.