A1RM4X Contributor - Level 2 2019-07-11

2019-07-11

Behringer XR18 and windows 4.59 drivers - stuck on 2/2ch in windows

Salut,

I have an issue after upgrading my Behringer XR18 drivers from 4.38 to 4.59. I followed the procedure from the zip file and everything went well (Driver install + USB update to 1.02).

But, after the upgrade is done, I can't have access to my 18/18 channels through windows. I went through the X-AIR-Edit software and change the USB channel interface back and forth (2/2ch to 18/18ch) but no result. My interface still shows up at 2/2 ch in Windows no matter what.

My configuration:

• X-AIR-Edit_PC_V1.5
  • XR18_Firmware_1.17
  • BEHRINGER_XAir_DriverSetup_v4.59.0
  • Win 1903

Going back to 4.38 fixed the issue.

Please send help Smiley Happy

Thanks!

• 0 Kudos
  • 14 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Behringer XR18 and windows 4.59 drivers - stuck on 2/2ch in windows

Good call @sauce ! Somehow they removed the possibility to use the channel directly on windows...

2 questions:

1. How am I supposed to use "ASIO" in windows?
  2. What is the best way to get in contact directly with Berhinger support team? This update is breaking the whole purpose of this digital mixer.

Thanks

Contributor - Level 2

Yes I did run the application in the DFU folder. It worked right away.

Contributor - Level 1

Hi,

To use ASIO you need a compatible software.

You can find free softwares like here :

https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk

https://www.tracktion.com/products/t7-daw

Maybe you will have to create an account.

You also have Reaper. It's seems to be free for testing and 60$ for discounted license.

Contributor - Level 2

sauce-  Thank you.  I use Ableton and Mixcraft.  I found my problem...In Mixcraft, the output of each track goes to a default output 1 & 2.  I had not encountered having to route these to other outputs, which in Mixcraft required creating an output bus attached to each Mixcraft track, which then could easily be routed to any of the Behringer inputs.  I was unfamiliar with this kind of DAW routing.  My mistake.  I found a similar method in Ableton and now everyone is happily talking to everyone.

Contributor - Level 2

I just want to have a headsup on the situation here...

I have contacted the BEHRINGER support by creating a ticket and never received any answer. We know we have a driver issue and nothing is done about it?

What is the best way to get a solution from them?