Highlighted

Behringer Xenyx X1204USB not properly recognized by Computer

Contributor - Level 2

So i've been struggling these past few days with the proper connection and setup of my Xenyx X1204USB.

The status quo is like this:

I've connected the Mixer via USB with the pc running windows 10 and can output sounds from the computer, as well as record stuff into ableton, no problem. In Ableton's preferences though i can only see 2 mono-inputs as well as 1 Stereo-Input. Practically any input of the mixer is routed to the stereo-input, the 2 mono-inputs are basically copies of the stereo-input, just weird sounding lower volume versions. Am i only recording the main mix here? If so how do i gain access to the separate Line-Ins? 

I have tried a lot:

- different USB-Port, different cable

- ASIO4ALL drivers

- Behringer_2092_X64_2.8.40 drivers

etc.

But i get the same outcome no matter what i try(changing the audio-in settings in ableton to the currently installed driver which corresponds to the usb-slot where the mixer is plugged in, of course).

Please help me out here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Behringer Xenyx X1204USB not properly recognized by Computer

Super Contributor - Level 2

Hi Julian ( @Karmacy ),

Welcome to the community.  The X1204USB only has a 2IN x 2OUT USB Audio Interface and its routing is fixed. The 2 INs are copies of the MAIN LR and the 2 OUTs are presented at the 2-TR/USB to MAIN. 

From the manual: 

"The XENYX mixer line has built-in USB connectivity, allowing stereo signals to be sent to and from the mixer and a computer. The audio sent from the mixer to a computer is identical to the MAIN MIX. Audio being sent to the mixer from a computer can be routed to the main mix with the 2-TR/USB TO MAIN button."

In order to gain access to all of the input channels you'd need something like an XAir X18 or XR18. 

EDIT: After looking at your diagram again, I think you could use a U-phoria UMC404HD for your setup which would make it simplier. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
3 REPLIES 3

Contributor - Level 2

To make this a little easier to understand i took some screenshots, also i've changed some stuff around.

this is what i want to achieve:

IMG_0280.JPG

now im using the asio4all driver and i get 4 mono inputs or rather 2 stereo inputs, when using the alt 3-4 on the mixer i can actually record 2 voices at the same time. This method however produces artifacts in both recordings.

I'm starting to go crazy here, with all the options and how every option leads to a compromise or error in another step i've already fixed.Screenshot (3).pngScreenshot (4).pngScreenshot (5).pngScreenshot (6).pngScreenshot (7).pngScreenshot (8).png

Super Contributor - Level 2

Hi Julian ( @Karmacy ),

Welcome to the community.  The X1204USB only has a 2IN x 2OUT USB Audio Interface and its routing is fixed. The 2 INs are copies of the MAIN LR and the 2 OUTs are presented at the 2-TR/USB to MAIN. 

From the manual: 

"The XENYX mixer line has built-in USB connectivity, allowing stereo signals to be sent to and from the mixer and a computer. The audio sent from the mixer to a computer is identical to the MAIN MIX. Audio being sent to the mixer from a computer can be routed to the main mix with the 2-TR/USB TO MAIN button."

In order to gain access to all of the input channels you'd need something like an XAir X18 or XR18. 

EDIT: After looking at your diagram again, I think you could use a U-phoria UMC404HD for your setup which would make it simplier. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver

Contributor - Level 2
That makes a lot of sense, must have not read that part when i bought it. the UMC404HD seems to be the solution here.
Was hoping not to have to buy another piece of gear, but then again i enjoy opening packages.
Thanks!