Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Berhinger Xr16 Recording Tips

Hey all, new to the recording era here and had some questions.  We are wanting to record ministers and speakers for playback off a cd or dvd for our church members. And rather than recording directly to the WAV. USB recorder on the xr16 and removing that usb after every service to burn, what can I do to simplify the process directly? Wether it be gear or hardware/software, websites to use I'm all ears and just need some simple diy direction. Thanks! Ethan

And also a peeve of mine with the Behringer is that if I do record I cant name the file directly off the app. Eyeroll, so now I have a handful of recordings that aren't labeled.

Tags (3)
EStrayer Contributor - Level 1 2019-11-19

2019-11-19

Berhinger Xr16 Recording Tips

Hey all, new to the recording era here and had some questions.  We are wanting to record ministers and speakers for playback off a cd or dvd for our church members. And rather than recording directly to the WAV. USB recorder on the xr16 and removing that usb after every service to burn, what can I do to simplify the process directly? Wether it be gear or hardware/software, websites to use I'm all ears and just need some simple diy direction. Thanks! Ethan

And also a peeve of mine with the Behringer is that if I do record I cant name the file directly off the app. Eyeroll, so now I have a handful of recordings that aren't labeled.

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Rising Star - Level 3

Re: Berhinger Xr16 Recording Tips

Hi Ethan ( @EStrayer ), 

Welcome to the community.  The only built-in recording capability is to the USB recorder.  I can think of two options (actually three).   Replace the XR16 with an XR18 that can send 18 audio streams to a computer for recording.  The second option would be to assign Main LR to AUX1/2 and then connect AUX1/2 to an external audio interface for recording.  In both cases, you'd have a digital recording on a computer that you could then burn to CD or DVD.   The third option would be to record to an external digital recorder such as a Zoom H4n but then you still have the issue of transferring it to a computer to burn the CD or DVD. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Berhinger Xr16 Recording Tips

@EStrayer wrote:

Actually they are. If you have a close look at the names, they are based on the date/time of the recording. There is absolutely no reason why these files could not be renamed on the thumdrive immediately after the recording is finished. 

But the better solution, as Ken @KenMitchell mentioned is to get the XR18 (or better yet MR18 or X32 Rack) and record directly to a laptop. That is what we do at our church.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!