Contributor - Level 1

Best practice for recording from RX-1202FX Eurorack to a Camera?

Hi All, 

I have a client with a RX-1202FX Eurorack mixer that wants to record audio to a Canon ENG style camera (with XLR inputs). Currently, they are using long RCA cables to a 3.5mm headphone jack, and not taking full advantage of their expensive camera gear. I would figure that they should either use a really short RCA to XLR adapter, or use the CTRL Out ports (with a TRS 1/4" to XLR adapter) out to it. Seems that the monitor and CTRL OUTS are on the same system (just like the RCA and Main's are wired in parallel). But I was curious if anyone had a more reliable way of doing that? When I was recording there, I just ran the Left Main to the PA system, and another the Right Main to the Camera. Since this was a psychological therapy education company, and only was recording people speaking with mono microphones, I got away with it. 

JustinSnavely Contributor - Level 1 2019-09-10

2019-09-10

Best practice for recording from RX-1202FX Eurorack to a Camera?

Hi All, 

I have a client with a RX-1202FX Eurorack mixer that wants to record audio to a Canon ENG style camera (with XLR inputs). Currently, they are using long RCA cables to a 3.5mm headphone jack, and not taking full advantage of their expensive camera gear. I would figure that they should either use a really short RCA to XLR adapter, or use the CTRL Out ports (with a TRS 1/4" to XLR adapter) out to it. Seems that the monitor and CTRL OUTS are on the same system (just like the RCA and Main's are wired in parallel). But I was curious if anyone had a more reliable way of doing that? When I was recording there, I just ran the Left Main to the PA system, and another the Right Main to the Camera. Since this was a psychological therapy education company, and only was recording people speaking with mono microphones, I got away with it. 

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies