Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Can I change what is sent out via USB?

Currently I am setup to record 32 channels through the USB interface on a Mac. Those channels come to the Mac pre-everything except input gain. Is there a way to change that to record post eq/dynamics or even post fader? That would help me out a lot.
MichaelPirtle Contributor - Level 2 2018-05-25

2018-05-25

Can I change what is sent out via USB?

Currently I am setup to record 32 channels through the USB interface on a Mac. Those channels come to the Mac pre-everything except input gain. Is there a way to change that to record post eq/dynamics or even post fader? That would help me out a lot.

Rising Star - Level 3

Re: Can I change what is sent out via USB?

Michael Pirtle;146454 wrote:

Yes, use either the 'outputs 1-16' or 'p16 1-16' (or aux out) to stage your inputs. Doing that allows you to set a direct out of each ch and at what tap point. So instead of the "card out" settings of 'local' 1-8 for instance, use p16 1-8 or out 1-8 once they are set up to be what you desired. Local takes its source pre everything. Using those other staging options lets other tap points be utilized. As an example, set p16 ch 1 to direct out of ch 1 post fader, p16 ch 2 to direct out of ch 2 post fader etc etc etc. Card out set to P16 1-8 etc. To do 32 ch's that way you would need to use BOTH out 1-16 and p16 1-16 or some combo of these along with the aux out menu..