Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Can't Find Demo Mode X AIR Edit for PC

Hello all, I'm new here and I have X Air Edit for PC set up on my desktop and laptop.
I've been going through discovery and learning prior to purchasing the XR18.
I've read about a demo mode that can implement the app without actual connection to XR18.
Does this exist on the PC platform because I can't figure out how to find it or run it.
Forgive me if this is a silly question. I'm a guitarist in a band that does our own sound
and like I mentioned, I'm still learning this (3 days now)....
Thanks for any help offered.
Some people believe in god, I believe in music. Some people pray, I turn up the volume.
MikeStein Contributor - Level 2 2017-07-26

2017-07-26

Can't Find Demo Mode X AIR Edit for PC

Hello all, I'm new here and I have X Air Edit for PC set up on my desktop and laptop.
I've been going through discovery and learning prior to purchasing the XR18.
I've read about a demo mode that can implement the app without actual connection to XR18.
Does this exist on the PC platform because I can't figure out how to find it or run it.
Forgive me if this is a silly question. I'm a guitarist in a band that does our own sound
and like I mentioned, I'm still learning this (3 days now)....
Thanks for any help offered.

• 0 Kudos
  • 5 Replies
Triber Moderator

Re: Can't Find Demo Mode X AIR Edit for PC

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum!

Glad to have you on-board the X AIR train. Smiley Wink

Getting to answering your question - When you open the X AIR EDIT software on your PC (before actually connecting your PC to X AIR) then you are already running the software in offline demo mode. You can also navigate to the SETUP > CONNECTION menu to change whether demo mode is reflecting XR12/XR16/XR18 when being used this way.

Don't be afraid to ask the forum community here questions, there are lots of bright and talented forum-goers that can share their knowledge and expertise with you. Also don't forget to try searching the forum first before posting, as many times the questions you would ask have already been answered or discussed at length.

Enjoy using your new mixer!
Michael Lapke
Contributor - Level 2

Thank you for the warm welcome... however.....

I was under the impression that while in demo mode, I could input tracks that are on my PC so that I could experiment. Is that possible or will X AIR Edit only receive signal that comes from the XR18?
Some people believe in god, I believe in music. Some people pray, I turn up the volume.
Contributor - Level 3

Not possible I'm afraid. All the DSP is done internally in the X-Air itself. The apps only provide remote control to the mixer: no actual processing of audio is done by the computer itself. As Michael said, you can set up the app in advance for how you want it to operate when it eventually is connected to the mixer, but the app itself won't process any audio.
Triber Moderator

Mike Stein;128226 wrote:
I was under the impression that while in demo mode, I could input tracks that are on my PC so that I could experiment. Is that possible or will X AIR Edit only receive signal that comes from the XR18?

Not really sure what gave you that impression that was possible in offline/demo mode. But just so you are aware X AIR EDIT is just control software, so no actual audio signal passes through it. Basically just like a TV remote would, but with visual meters for monitoring your signal levels.

When running X AIR EDIT not connect to the mixer you have the opportunity to see how the software looks and works, and even allows you to build most of a scene and save it in advance. But again there's no way to see levels coming in/out of your board without being connected to the mixer.

Hope this helps clarify things for you.
Michael Lapke
Contributor - Level 2

I understand now and it makes sense. Thanks to you both for your help with my question.