TimLilek Contributor - Level 2 2017-07-21

2017-07-21

Can't change Wifi channel with Ipad

Just as the title says. I have done it before the update but now when I change it and hit apply, my wifi scanning app on my phone shows no change. If I exit the app and restart it it confirms no change on the channel.. Any suggestions?

• 0 Kudos
  • 15 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Can't change WEP with IPAD

Thanks I plan to but does anyone know why I can't change the WEP?

Paul Vannatto;128012 wrote:
Hi Joe,

Welcome to the forum. Do yourself a big favor and get a good dual band router and connect it to the X-Air console with an ethernet cable (X-Air switch set to ethernet).

@Tim, that would be my answer as well.
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Can't change Wifi channel with Ipad

Tim, with all due respect, you did ask for a mod to give an answer - and that was my answer. I do not own (or want) an iPad and I would never rely on the internal wifi for any live event.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

Channel Change

Are you trying to change the channel to a previously saved show?

Tim Lilek;128010 wrote:
Anyone else, Mod's, have any answers??
Super Contributor - Level 2

Tim Lilek;128013 wrote:
Paul, with respect, I didnt solicit an opinion. I asked for reasons why I cant perform a function that this unit is made to perform or if it isn't, an explanation as to why.

Incidentally It's pretty comical that Behringer as well as another big dealer evaded the answer as well and suggested what you did WHICH I already know is a great idea BUT is not the solution to the issue.

Joe/Tim - I can confirm (just tried it myself) that it's not currently possible to change either:-

[LIST=1]
  • The current channel
  • The mode from 'Open' to 'WEP'

• using the latest version of the software for iPad.

It is however possible to do both of these from the X Air Edit App on a Mac (I assume it's the same for PC), although as Richard said, you have to toggle the mode switch on the X Air console, wait 5 seconds, then toggle back. The changes are then reflected in the X Air iPad App, X Air Edit, and WiFi Explorer (my preferred Mac WiFi sniffer).

I'm assuming that this is a bug in the iPad software.

With regards to Paul's suggestion, I heartily agree with this for the following reasons:-

[LIST=1]
  • The built in router isn't great.
  • Using an external router gives you the benefit of using WPA encryption. WEP is not secure and not recommended.

• I'm assuming that Behringer (Paul, Michael?) will address these shortfalls in an update?

In the meantime chaps, you'll have to make the changes from X Air Edit on a Mac or PC...

John M
  • Contributor - Level 2

John Milner;128019 wrote:
    Joe/Tim - I can confirm (just tried it myself) that it's not currently possible to change either:-

[LIST=1]
  • The current channel
  • The mode from 'Open' to 'WEP'

• using the latest version of the software for iPad.

It is however possible to do both of these from the X Air Edit App on a Mac (I assume it's the same for PC), although as Richard said, you have to toggle the mode switch on the X Air console, wait 5 seconds, then toggle back. The changes are then reflected in the X Air iPad App, X Air Edit, and WiFi Explorer (my preferred Mac WiFi sniffer).

I'm assuming that this is a bug in the iPad software.

With regards to Paul's suggestion, I heartily agree with this for the following reasons:-

[LIST=1]
  • The built in router isn't great.
  • Using an external router gives you the benefit of using WPA encryption. WEP is not secure and not recommended.

• I'm assuming that Behringer (Paul, Michael?) will address these shortfalls in an update?

In the meantime chaps, you'll have to make the changes from X Air Edit on a Mac or PC...

John M

• Thanks John. I just got off the phone with another Behringer support rep and we also concluded it's not possible with the Ipad software. It is via Android and Pc/Mac Edit programs though...

I was told there has to be fixes by Sep when the new Ios 11 is released. Or at least thats the sentement of the support tech.
    Highlighted
    Contributor - Level 1

I have the same issue with my ipad and my xr16.   it's past September. Still doesn't work. 

Come on!

Frank Drake