Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Can't record stereo using UM2

Hello, I just purchased the interface UM2 with the purpose of recording one instrument only (keyboards). Using stereo audio track in my software, and connecting my instrument to one of the INPUTS it records in only one line of the stereo track (should be in both lines) like mono sound, if i change INPUT happens the same but on the other line of the stereo audio track. It's like the system is recognizing the two INPUTS in only one channel and then split them in two providing a mono sound and no stereo. How can I fix that?Thank you

Duhr Contributor - Level 1 2020-05-22

2020-05-22

Can't record stereo using UM2

Hello, I just purchased the interface UM2 with the purpose of recording one instrument only (keyboards). Using stereo audio track in my software, and connecting my instrument to one of the INPUTS it records in only one line of the stereo track (should be in both lines) like mono sound, if i change INPUT happens the same but on the other line of the stereo audio track. It's like the system is recognizing the two INPUTS in only one channel and then split them in two providing a mono sound and no stereo. How can I fix that?Thank you

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

Re: Can't record stereo using UM2

Hello @Duhr , welcome to the community.

The UM2 is a two-channel interface so it should not normally record one input to both channels. Most DAW software will allow you to record a mono track from one input or split a stereo recording into two mono tracks. A mono track will normally play on both left and right outputs. 

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: Can't record stereo using UM2

Hi, I thought each INPUT can be recorded independently as stereo track without splitting the channel. Since I need to sound my instrument in stereo seems that I purchased the wrong device. Thank you