Contributor - Level 1

Changing Wi-Fi Channel

As per instructional video I look for a ‘spare’ wi-fi channel, and set the channel on the Ipad app, and then turn the mixer to Ethernet and then back to access point, and the channel seems to ‘stick’ on the Ipad app, so all seems well. However when I scan the channels using the Ipad Airport Utility it says the router is still using the original channel. Either the scanner is lying to me (unlikely) or (more likely) the app has not actually changed the channel, it has just changed the display. I’ve tried forgetting the network, turning the mixer on and off, resetting the mixer, and re-starting the app, but to no avail – it just keeps displaying the network on the original channel.
TobySonger Contributor - Level 1 2017-08-07

2017-08-07

Changing Wi-Fi Channel

As per instructional video I look for a ‘spare’ wi-fi channel, and set the channel on the Ipad app, and then turn the mixer to Ethernet and then back to access point, and the channel seems to ‘stick’ on the Ipad app, so all seems well. However when I scan the channels using the Ipad Airport Utility it says the router is still using the original channel. Either the scanner is lying to me (unlikely) or (more likely) the app has not actually changed the channel, it has just changed the display. I’ve tried forgetting the network, turning the mixer on and off, resetting the mixer, and re-starting the app, but to no avail – it just keeps displaying the network on the original channel.

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: Changing Wi-Fi Channel

Toby Songer;128956 wrote:

Toby - as I mentioned in the thread linked above, you can't (at present) change WiFi channels using the iPad App, you have to do it from X Air Edit. Hopefully (?) this will be resolved soon...

John M
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Changing Wi-Fi Channel

If you are using the mixer for gigs don't use the internal router. Get a dual band router for gigs. The internal router will let you down at the worst possible moment. It's fine for practice in the garage but the .g protocol and the antenna being buried in cables will cause you to lose complete control of your mixer when a crowd of people show up with cell phones in their pockets