Contributor - Level 2

Clarity M display bug

Title says it all. Support says it’s unlikely to be addressed anytime soon. As someone who does graphic design, it drives me NUTS.

budda Contributor - Level 2 2019-04-15

2019-04-15

Clarity M display bug

Title says it all. Support says it’s unlikely to be addressed anytime soon. As someone who does graphic design, it drives me NUTS.

• 0 Kudos
  • 16 Replies
Triber

Re: Clarity M display bug

Hi budda,

Please send me Your logo/graphic and I'll see what I can do about this issue!
All the best from

Claus
Claus Bay Nielsen | Triber, Music Tribe If you found my post helpful, go ahead and give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs
Contributor - Level 2

You can see the issue in the image in my original post.

Triber

Hi budda,

We will fix this issue in the next firmware update!

Until then, a workaround is to edit Your logo making it only 161x35 pixel

All the best from

Claus

Claus Bay Nielsen | Triber, Music Tribe If you found my post helpful, go ahead and give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs
Contributor - Level 2

Hi, Claus.

I appreciate that you have a solution lined up. In the meantime, I thought the “artwork” field on the screen was auto-adjusted to fit the whole area, or I would have made the thing smaller already... so will simply changing the size alone fix it?

At this point I’m willing to wait for the fix, though... can you speculate on whether this may be in days or weeks or months? Happy to beta as well if you might find it useful.

Thanks!

Triber

Hi budda,

Sorry I can't give You an exact ETA on the firmware update.

If You reduce Your graphic to 261x35 px it will look perfect

The black bar covering the logo section is from the Preset filename and will be reduced in size.

all the best from

Claus

Contributor - Level 2

Okay.

Considering the amount of time between firmware updates, and given that you are unwilling to provide an ETA, I am happy to return the unit to my dealer until this and one other fix are taken care of. As a pro, I require gear that works as advertised, and if something needs to be fixed (as happens, and I can understand that), it needs to be fixed within a reasonable amount of time and/or this time frame needs to be defined.

Let me know when the fix is in and I’ll be happy to repurchase the unit.

Triber

Hi budda,

The development team is working on new features to the firmware as well, so hence the unknown time frame.

The 3 missing pixels doesn't affect the functionality of the Clarity M and if You send me Your logo, I'll adjust it for You

so it'll look great until the firmware upgrade is ready ?

All the best from

Claus

Contributor - Level 2

I can fix the artwork. I designed it.

As I mentioned, as a pro, I expect products I buy to work, and fixes to happen in a timely fashion. While this graphics bug is not a huge deal, there is another bug for which I’m awaiting a fix, and that one affects the actual operation of the meter as advertised. We can also look to the space between firmware updates as a cautionary tale. On principle, I will not accept either the graphics bug or the lack of timeline, and will gladly repurchase the equipment once it’s working properly.

Highlighted
Triber

May I ask what the other bug is ?