Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

DL152 out of an X-32?

Hi

I have a Behringer X-32 Rack, with a Midas DL152 24-out, from AES50 port B on the X-32 to Port 2 on the DL152.
The X-32 and DL152 are happy with sync, and a little pic of a blue Midas box is in the AES50-B screen, but no sound out from the DL152.

I'm 99% sure the routing is correct (X32 Mic Inputs 1-16 feed direct to AES50-B Out 1-16), it is a pretty simple configuration, nothing fancy, just the inputs feeding straight out again to analog.

Do the 'Ports 1/2' on the DL152 correspond to 'AES50 A/B ports', or to a 'Channel Layer 1/2' thing? Just guessing there.

Or Firmware? Do they need to be at a certain release point to work?

If so, how would I update the DL152? The X-32 is most likely the usual 'USB-holdakey-power' type system, but how to update the DL152??

Any ideas gratefully pondered!

W
WillHitchings Contributor - Level 2 2016-07-12

2016-07-12

DL152 out of an X-32?

Hi

I have a Behringer X-32 Rack, with a Midas DL152 24-out, from AES50 port B on the X-32 to Port 2 on the DL152.
The X-32 and DL152 are happy with sync, and a little pic of a blue Midas box is in the AES50-B screen, but no sound out from the DL152.

I'm 99% sure the routing is correct (X32 Mic Inputs 1-16 feed direct to AES50-B Out 1-16), it is a pretty simple configuration, nothing fancy, just the inputs feeding straight out again to analog.

Do the 'Ports 1/2' on the DL152 correspond to 'AES50 A/B ports', or to a 'Channel Layer 1/2' thing? Just guessing there.

Or Firmware? Do they need to be at a certain release point to work?

If so, how would I update the DL152? The X-32 is most likely the usual 'USB-holdakey-power' type system, but how to update the DL152??

Any ideas gratefully pondered!

W

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Re: DL152 out of an X-32?

Hi Will,

Welcome to the forum. If you have the AES50 cable connected to the B port of the X32 Rack, what goes down that cable is assigned on the Routing, AES50-b screen. If you have assigned Out 1-8 to the first bank (Outputs 1-8) that would mean that whatever you have assigned on the Out 1-16 screen (for the first 8 outputs) would be assigned to the first 8 outputs of the DL152.

I would suggest you save your scene to a file (go to the scene screen, save your scene, then export that to a file, using the 5th encoder), then attach to your post here (below the posting screen, Upload Attachments). It make it so much easier to help when we can see what is assigned.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for the reply!

I am not at the desk at the mo, so can't save a scene til Tuesday now.

On the AES-B screen i have Inputs 1-8 assigned to AES B Out 1-8, and Inputs 9-16 assigned to AES B Out 9-16, so a pretty simple patch.

My next job is to check the firmware versions, but yet again, I'm not at the machines til now.

W
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Hey, wow - I know this an old post, but did you ever get an answer to this? I bought a DL 152 and am planning to use it with an X32 Rack but I never actually confirmed that it would work. 

Second question, is anyone familiar with updating the firmware on the DL 152? On the downloads page there was a pretty recently dated download (July of 2019), so Im wondering if the FW it shipped with is a lot older. 

Thanks! 

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Ok, well, I answered my own question. I updated the firmware on the DL 152 that I got and connected it to my X32 rack. I set it to 48k and clock to external, and voila! DL sees and ID's it as an X32 Rack. Just set up the routing on the AES port to mirror my main inputs and it worked like a charm. Great solution for anyone running a lot of channels that does FOH gigs and doesnt want to use a splitter snake. 

IMG_0864.jpg