Highlighted
Super Contributor - Level 2

Dante Virtual Soundcard

[LEFT][COLOR=#212121][FONT=arial][LEFT]

Hei guys but ...
with the Dante Virtual Soundcard is possible get and recorder the channels from xr18 Ultranet directly from my pc or mac ?

[/LEFT]
[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
GabrieleGioli Super Contributor - Level 2 2018-12-01

2018-12-01

Dante Virtual Soundcard

[LEFT][COLOR=#212121][FONT=arial][LEFT]

Hei guys but ...
with the Dante Virtual Soundcard is possible get and recorder the channels from xr18 Ultranet directly from my pc or mac ?

[/LEFT]
[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: Dante Virtual Soundcard

No. Ultranet is a completely different network protocol specific to Behringer. It is completely different from both AES50 and Dante which are/can be used on the X32 range. The only things that work with Ultranet are the P16 range of monitoring devices and the Turbosound iQ speakers.
Super Contributor - Level 2

Thank you Richard, yes, I connect my iq to the ultranet; but is the electrical interface compatible? would it be possible to create a Virtual souncard ultranet with the behringer proprietary protocol? Or is it necessary to create a hardware interface?

Gabriele
Contributor - Level 3

No nothing about Ultranet is compatible with Dante, AES50 or any other digital audio protocol. The only thing that is similar is that they all use a variety of Ethernet cabling and RJ45 connectors.

The only other device that might be of interest is the P16-I which converts 16 analogue and ADAT audio inputs into the Ultranet digital format. Unfortunately at this time there isn't an analogue out version which some people have requested before now. Smiley Sad

https://www.musictribe.com/Categories/Behringer/Signal-Processors/In-Ear-Monitoring/P16-I/p/P0420#
Volunteer Moderator

The ultranet is two aes3 streams and each with 8 interleaved pcm streams in them so in theory you could use two 192khz spdif inputs and then strip the streams into 16 discrete channels of audio.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!