Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Desktop Konnekt 6 WORKING on Mavericks via Thunderbolt adaptor

I've got a Desktop Konnekt 6 plugged into my MacBook Pro (2013 Retina, Mavericks) via a single Firewire 400 (6-pin) to Firewire 800 (9-pin) cable and Apple's proprietary Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter, and it seems to work without a single hitch. I can switch to all sample rates and buffer modes without any glitches and run Logic Pro X as well as applications like Safari and iTunes without hearing pops or clicks whatsoever.

I haven't tested the inputs yet as I use my interface primarily for mixing/processing (since I do my tracking in a professional studio, not in my room); but I guess they're working fine too.

Just thought I'd let you all know since it's hard to find anywhere online if the interface actually works on Mavericks with my kind of setup, I took a bit of a risk buying this kit. I guess whether it does work for everyone depends on various factors, but for me it's working 100%! Smiley Happy

My only question is if it's safe to use the interface solely through firewire bus-power (baring in mind it's converted from a Thunderbolt port). It works perfectly without the external power supply, but I'd hate to damage my equipment...
Tags (1)
danielvdspuy Contributor - Level 1 2014-01-30

2014-01-30

Desktop Konnekt 6 WORKING on Mavericks via Thunderbolt adaptor

I've got a Desktop Konnekt 6 plugged into my MacBook Pro (2013 Retina, Mavericks) via a single Firewire 400 (6-pin) to Firewire 800 (9-pin) cable and Apple's proprietary Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter, and it seems to work without a single hitch. I can switch to all sample rates and buffer modes without any glitches and run Logic Pro X as well as applications like Safari and iTunes without hearing pops or clicks whatsoever.

I haven't tested the inputs yet as I use my interface primarily for mixing/processing (since I do my tracking in a professional studio, not in my room); but I guess they're working fine too.

Just thought I'd let you all know since it's hard to find anywhere online if the interface actually works on Mavericks with my kind of setup, I took a bit of a risk buying this kit. I guess whether it does work for everyone depends on various factors, but for me it's working 100%! Smiley Happy

My only question is if it's safe to use the interface solely through firewire bus-power (baring in mind it's converted from a Thunderbolt port). It works perfectly without the external power supply, but I'd hate to damage my equipment...

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies