Contributor - Level 1

External control DM8000 problem

Hi,

I am controlling a DM8000 via the RS232 and the problem is after a set time (random it looks like) the communication port is closed by the DM8000 and I will first need to open the connection again before I can send commands. I wrote a routine that does open the connection every 10 sec but even this is not a guaranty that I will have a reliable connection that always work. Any one having a solution to keep the connection open? Any one else having this problem?

Any one know when we can expect the Ethernet upgrade that would hopefully solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Huib de Bruijn
HuibdeBruijn Contributor - Level 1 2017-10-12

2017-10-12

External control DM8000 problem

Hi,

I am controlling a DM8000 via the RS232 and the problem is after a set time (random it looks like) the communication port is closed by the DM8000 and I will first need to open the connection again before I can send commands. I wrote a routine that does open the connection every 10 sec but even this is not a guaranty that I will have a reliable connection that always work. Any one having a solution to keep the connection open? Any one else having this problem?

Any one know when we can expect the Ethernet upgrade that would hopefully solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Huib de Bruijn

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies