Re: FAQ for the X-Live Recording and Playback card for the x/m32 line of mixers
Roblof Volunteer Moderator 11-19-2017

11-19-2017

FAQ for the X-Live Recording and Playback card for the x/m32 line of mixers

Here we will compile a list of FAQ's for the X-Live. The FAQ will be updated when new questions come up in the forum or social media.

We will keep this thread open for questions. Posts that have been answered, deemed unrelated or classified as feature requests will be silently removed to keep this thread as clean as possible.

Below you can find some related resources and videos:

The Teaser:
X-LIVE - 32-Track Live Recording and Playback Card for X32 - YouTube

Drew Brashler videos
https://dbbaudio.com/2017/behringer-x-live

Utilities:
https://sites.google.com/site/patrickmaillot/x32

• 0 Kudos
  • 71 Replies

Super Contributor - Level 2

@cotoclon wrote:

Perfect, thank you, the truth is that I do not know what I can upload it, since I usually record live performances and it's the same mixer for PA and stage monitors, with which I'm limited to the level of gain that allows me not to have couplings .

I thought that like recording on the usb, they had somewhere a way to increase the volume

Thanks for the answers

@cotoclon 

If you lower the channel fader and pre-fader monitor sends by the same amount that you increase the head-amp gain, your PA and stage monitors should still be OK. An easier approach would be to raise the head-amp gain by 18dB and lower the channel's Trim control to -18dB so that the mix levels remain the same but the recorded track will have a better level.

Live mixing and recording can work together provided the channel gain structure is set correctly. This is why we recommend setting head-amp gain to get peak readings of -18dBFS to -12dBFS on the input meters - before setting the main and monitor mixes.

Highlighted

Contributor - Level 2

Thanks, in the next event I will try it, but I have already tried to adjust the gains to the maximum before they fit and even then it is not enough to have a few tracks in conditions.

Thanks a lot