Contributor - Level 2

FX Returns to Card Out?

I'm setting up an M32r for student use at a community college. It will be used as a mixer and interface sent to a DAW via the usb. Though it's not the method I would use personally, I do want to allow the option of creating mix buses on the Midas and processing them with onboard processors before sending them to pro tools. I can send the mix buses to the card out no problem, but is there any way to include the FX returns in this send?

tannermw Contributor - Level 2 2019-05-17

2019-05-17

FX Returns to Card Out?

I'm setting up an M32r for student use at a community college. It will be used as a mixer and interface sent to a DAW via the usb. Though it's not the method I would use personally, I do want to allow the option of creating mix buses on the Midas and processing them with onboard processors before sending them to pro tools. I can send the mix buses to the card out no problem, but is there any way to include the FX returns in this send?

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: FX Returns to Card Out?

@tannermw 

Hi Tanner,

You can add FX Returns to a Mixbus. You can also insert FX processors into Mixbuses. If you want to send the FX Returns separately via USB, stage them on eight Ultranet outputs and then select them on the card routing.

Super Contributor - Level 2

@tannermw 

Hi Tanner,

You can add FX Returns to a Mixbus. You can also insert FX processors into Mixbuses. If you want to send the FX Returns separately via USB, stage them on eight Ultranet outputs and then select them on the card routing.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Yep, was definitely meaning to insert the effects into the mix bus, that seems obvious now. Thanks so much for another quick reply!