Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

FX Tab send channels ?

Hi.

I can't find any reference anywhere to what the two dropdown boxes are for on the FX tab, beneath the INSERT button on each effect slot. I can see that one must obviously be to pick which channel to have that effect inserted into, but... what's the second one for ? Is that for a second channel to have the insert ? Is that an option to return the signal to a different channel ?

I must say, the more I try to get to grips with setting our new XR18 up, the less impressed I am with the documentation and help available (this forum excluded). My honest initial impression is one of disorganisation.... There are multiple apps for different platforms, each, bizarrely, with it's own different look and feel (how insane is that ?!), the official pdf documentation is pretty much the bare minimum and doesn't explain all of the available features - leaving users to scour YouTube for explanations - whereupon you find assorted Behringer 'X-Air How To' videos that don't really go into any useful detail and on top of that, don't cover each platform, and very often use an out-of-date version of the app that doesn't match what we're using now.

It's not the greatest advert for Behringer. It's a shame as I use a lot of Behringer gear and all of the documentation for that is great. It just seems like something's changed with the X-Air project where we have this disjointed uncoordinated approach. Thank God for this place, or I'd be completely screwed !

Sorry for the rant..... but it's my honest opinion.
KevanWinch Contributor - Level 2 2018-12-09

2018-12-09

FX Tab send channels ?

Hi.

I can't find any reference anywhere to what the two dropdown boxes are for on the FX tab, beneath the INSERT button on each effect slot. I can see that one must obviously be to pick which channel to have that effect inserted into, but... what's the second one for ? Is that for a second channel to have the insert ? Is that an option to return the signal to a different channel ?

I must say, the more I try to get to grips with setting our new XR18 up, the less impressed I am with the documentation and help available (this forum excluded). My honest initial impression is one of disorganisation.... There are multiple apps for different platforms, each, bizarrely, with it's own different look and feel (how insane is that ?!), the official pdf documentation is pretty much the bare minimum and doesn't explain all of the available features - leaving users to scour YouTube for explanations - whereupon you find assorted Behringer 'X-Air How To' videos that don't really go into any useful detail and on top of that, don't cover each platform, and very often use an out-of-date version of the app that doesn't match what we're using now.

It's not the greatest advert for Behringer. It's a shame as I use a lot of Behringer gear and all of the documentation for that is great. It just seems like something's changed with the X-Air project where we have this disjointed uncoordinated approach. Thank God for this place, or I'd be completely screwed !

Sorry for the rant..... but it's my honest opinion.

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: FX Tab send channels ?

All fx are either true stereo or dual-mono. Therefor you need to be able to insert up to two channels into the fx.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

Re: FX Tab send channels ?

Thanks Robert. Much appreciated.