Highlighted
Solution Leader

Finalizer App - How can TC Electronic make it better?

Hi Everyone!

20th August 2019, TC Electronic are launching the Finalizer App for mastering, and we are extremely excited!
www.finalizer.com

Do you have any wish for change in the product or new features, please let me know here og simply give a "kudos"/Thumbs up, to a comment that already include your wish.

This will help us better understand how we can improve. We are here to support you, and make the gear that can help you the best possible way

All the best,
Andreas / TC Electronic

AndreasB Solution Leader 2019-08-11

2019-08-11

Finalizer App - How can TC Electronic make it better?

Hi Everyone!

20th August 2019, TC Electronic are launching the Finalizer App for mastering, and we are extremely excited!
www.finalizer.com

Do you have any wish for change in the product or new features, please let me know here og simply give a "kudos"/Thumbs up, to a comment that already include your wish.

This will help us better understand how we can improve. We are here to support you, and make the gear that can help you the best possible way

All the best,
Andreas / TC Electronic

• 1 Kudo
  • 10 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: Finalizer App - How can TC Electronic make it better?

"Do you have any wish for change in the product or new features, please let me know here og simply give a "kudos"/Thumbs up, to a comment that already include your wish..."

How about setting up a new forum for TC products,that you can release this sort of information and not get it immediately swamped and lost in an ever flowing stream of Behringer mixer questions ?

hth Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Triber Moderator

Hi  Pet,

we have a TC electronic brand tribe + subforum for Studio software:

https://community.musictribe.com/t5/TC-Electronic/ct-p/TE

https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Studio-Software/bd-p/tepc1005

Best regards,

Mike

TC Mike | Triber Moderator, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Hi @AndreasB Andreas,

Love it so far. One major oversight IMHO, can we get a fader tool. Thank you Smiley Happy.

Tony

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Guys,

As an audio-professional I am absolutely surprised by the quality of this software. The automatic-loudness metering system is extremely innovative and beats others by far. But I would have a few suggestions regarding the features:

Extremely important to the mastering-process would be the possibility to edit Volume-curves in the audio material, e.g. to give more energy to a chorus or another part. An option for Fade-In and Out's and Cut's (with a crossfade editor) should also be included. I saw an option for a controller in the preferences-menue. I'm working with the ssl nucleus...so the integration would be very handy.

Another wish would be the integration of external VST plugins... maybe an option for stem mastering?...okay...could be that it needs a Finalizer-Pro Version at this Point.

(in my opinion the price of this software is already very low, but that's not my business

Regards from Germany, Robin

Highlighted
Triber Moderator

Hi Neochord,

thanks for the feedback. I'll pass it on to our PRO team. 

Best regards freom the TC triber und noch eine schøne Woche,

Mike

TC Mike | Triber Moderator, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

One of the things that made a major impact in the studio world was the finalzier.  It had the best algorithm. Many of us used the Master X plug-in inside Pro Tools.  When Avid swtiched to 64bit I thought TCE would prioritize this transition and offer the plug for AAX/Native.  In the past 7 years, this was not address.  This new software is amazing. My suggestion is create a AAX/Native version of the App, so Pro Tools users can use it inside Pro Tools.  Having the plug on the master I/O allows us porducers to make adjustments as the multi-band compressor kicks in.  Compression/Limiting is an art-form in itself.  I am not sure how a producer could use this outside of a DAW.  It seems to me that this is made for post production only.. at this point.  I really hope you consider plug-in versions for us to use.. I would buy it.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Hello, working with MD3 in M / S mode, recently downloaded and installed a trial version of Finalizer,
all like it, but there is one question missing M / s mode (((, especially in the EQ and multiband (((
would like to know whether in the future in Finalizer M/S mode? if you do this,
then I would be more pleased to buy this plugin from you))), or I would buy this Finalizer for now,
but with a guarantee!, if will in the future renewal plugin, until M/S regime) I'd say Pro sounding!
everything sounds cool, but I really want M / S mode multiband.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Yes!. and still forgot to say, as I know in the iron Finalizer K96 there is M/S mode, so why in this version did not make it?))))

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Personally, I would like:

• being able to select a module (EQ/Comp/etc..) directly, i.e. without using the preset-browser. A different view to quickly drag in basic modules without a preset would be nice. I don't like the flow of searching for the "flat-preset" of a module to achieve the same thing, it's bad UX imho.
  • Preview of audio codecs in different bitrates (mp3 128kb etc.)
  • Bass mono module
  • 5 Band EQ with low shelf instead of high pass