Contributor - Level 2

Free recording software

Ok fallen flat on face first 5 minutes.

They promise free Music Production Software with the UM2.

I register and get a link which sends me here. 

No link to download.

Searching here does not produce anything that looks like a Music Productions Software.

1) Is this Traction 4?

2) If so, why not say so?

3) If not, what it it called?

4) Where is the download?

5) Why don't they give us a direct link to the download in the registration email?

6) Is this a delibarate wind-up?

Thanks all!

BayRinger Contributor - Level 2 2019-11-16

2019-11-16

Free recording software

Ok fallen flat on face first 5 minutes.

They promise free Music Production Software with the UM2.

I register and get a link which sends me here. 

No link to download.

Searching here does not produce anything that looks like a Music Productions Software.

1) Is this Traction 4?

2) If so, why not say so?

3) If not, what it it called?

4) Where is the download?

5) Why don't they give us a direct link to the download in the registration email?

6) Is this a delibarate wind-up?

Thanks all!

• 0 Kudos
  • 5 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Free recording software

6) And why does this page complain that I had put invalid HTML in the above message? When I had done absolutely no such thing?

Not at all

Rising Star - Level 3

Hi Tom ( @BayRinger ), 

Welcome to the community.  Most Behringer audio interfaces come with a free copy of either Tracktion T7 (which is now free anyway) or, more recently, Tracktion Waveform.   Did you get a redemption code in the email you received from Behringer after you registered? 

If so, go here and download the software: https://www.tracktion.com/products/waveform-daw-oem

Hope this helps, 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks Ken - that's perfect, but why on earth don't they just supply that link in the registration email and save me wasting my, and your time?

I can only asssume they don't want us to have the software offered in the price

Contributor - Level 1

I registered my mixer but never got a email with a code

Highlighted
Rising Star - Level 3

Hi Rodney ( @unit20 ), 

I'm not sure but I assumed that not all products came with a redemption code.  Did you get your registration confirmation email? I've registered a number of products that did not come with a redemption code. I'd recommend opening a support ticket here: https://www.behringer.com/brand/behringer/support#googtrans(en|en) 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver