How I can connection output 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 in Behringer UMC1820 to hardware mixer... ?
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

How I can connection output 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 in Behringer UMC1820 to hardware mixer... ?

Hi, Is there any possibility or there is a plan for splitting the driver into individual outputs and inputs available from MS Windows - not only with DAW? In DAW everything works fine, but in Windows I only have to choose 1/2 Main Out.
Example:
1/2 Main Out, 3/4 Out 5/6 Out ...
1/2 In, 3/4 In, 5/6 In...
It wants to send split audio signals: web browser / Windows sounds - 1/2 main out, MP3 player - 3/4 Out, simple virtual synthesizer - 5/6 Out... or send any audio signals to different audio outputs and mix them on the hardware mixer. Currently I have only 1/2 Main Out... How to do it? Please help.
MariuszKarwasz Contributor - Level 2 2017-11-25

2017-11-25

Hi, Is there any possibility or there is a plan for splitting the driver into individual outputs and inputs available from MS Windows - not only with DAW? In DAW everything works fine, but in Windows I only have to choose 1/2 Main Out.
Example:
It wants to send split audio signals: web browser / Windows sounds - 1/2 main out, MP3 player - 3/4 Out, simple virtual synthesizer - 5/6 Out... or send any audio signals to different audio outputs and mix them on the hardware mixer. Currently I have only 1/2 Main Out... How to do it? Please help.

• 0 Kudos
  • 8 Replies
Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 2

Re: How I can connection output 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 in Behringer UMC1820 to hardware mixer... ?

Mariusz Karwasz;135862 wrote:
Example:

Hi Mariusz,

Welcome to the forums. You can't do this at the OS level but you can accomplish it with a third party application called "Dante Via".

You won't need the network routing capability but you can use the local source-to-destination routing to do what you want. You'll need to make sure the 1820 ASIO driver is installed before starting Dante Via.

You can download a 30 day trial here and test it out:

https://www.audinate.com/products/software/dante-via

I'd also recommend downloading the free Dante Controller app since it provides a nice matrix routing interface.

Ken
If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: How I can connection output 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 in Behringer UMC1820 to hardware mixer... ?

Thank you very much for the reply, but this solution does not work. I installed Dante Via, Dante Controller and ASIO Driver and still do not see the audio output 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, 9/10 ... I can not see them anywhere either in ASIO or Dante. In Dante I can divert apps to different audio outputs - great, but only on Main Out 1/2 or other audio drivers available in MS Windows. The interface has 10 outputs and I can use two ...? It does not make sense. Any suggestions?
Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 2

Mariusz Karwasz;136071 wrote:
Thank you very much for the reply, but this solution does not work. I installed Dante Via, Dante Controller and ASIO Driver and still do not see the audio output 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, 9/10 ... I can not see them anywhere either in ASIO or Dante. In Dante I can divert apps to different audio outputs - great, but only on Main Out 1/2 or other audio drivers available in MS Windows. The interface has 10 outputs and I can use two ...? It does not make sense. Any suggestions?

Hi Mariusz,

Do you see the UMC ASIO Driver listed as a Dante Via Audio Source and Destination? Do you have your apps Enabled as Sources and the ASIO driver Enabled as a Destination in Dante Via?

If so, then you just drag your apps from Audio Source to the UMC ASIO Driver Audio Destination and adjust the routing with Dante Controller.

One caveat and that is you have to be on a wired Ethernet network in order for Dante Controller to work. Dante Via will work locally without a wired network (just select append option when dragging) but you won't see anything to route from within Dante Controller.

I'm using a 404HD but I'm assuming it's about the same for the 1820?

See attached pictures. My laptop name is "W10-Reaper". It is both a Dante Transmitter and Receiver.

Ken
If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

It works, super. Thank you very much for help. It is a pity only that the Dante Via software is payable for users of Behringer UMC ... unless I can get a some discount code Smiley Wink
Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 2

Mariusz Karwasz;136276 wrote:
It works, super. Thank you very much for help. It is a pity only that the Dante Via software is payable for users of Behringer UMC ... unless I can get a some discount code Smiley Wink
The cost for Dante Via is not too much and I consider much like a plugin so the cost aligns with that. --Ken
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

I just purchased a UMC1820 and am delighted to report that in Behringer's latest Windows Driver - Windows Driver 4.38 - presents ALL of the outputs and inputs to Windows 10 (1709) itself. No need for Dante Via or anything else.

You can grab the driver here:
https://www.musictri.be/Categories/Behringer/Computer-Audio/Interfaces/UMC1820/p/P0B2J/downloads

NOTE: This is running Windows 10 v1709 - I've not yet upgraded to 1803 and I know there are some sound routing changes in that version of the OS, so this may not work in 1803 (will update you when I install 1803).

Before installing, I could only see the "Main Out (Line 1/2)" and main input devices from within Windows 10's sound control panel, apps like RadioDJ, VLC etc.

After installing the driver, I can see "Main Out (Line 1/2)" then also "Line Out" devices for outputs 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 and 9/10 - same with the inputs! Tested all outputs successfully, and I can only imagine the line in devices also work.

One thing to note is the volume's pretty loud on the line out devices (at least for my Zenyx 2442) so I had to reduce each output's volume down to 31/100 in Windows 10's Sound control panel.

The other thing to note is that if you disconnect the interface and reconnect it, Windows 10 has a habit of re-indexing the outputs so that if, say, you had VLC set to use Line 5/6 it will likely default back to Main Out 1/2... and I also found the volumes resetting.

Still, not too long to reapply the volume / output selection as needed.

Anyway, thank you Behringer!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I confirm - the new driver is great, I see all IN and OUT in Windows. Thx Behringer Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Windows 10 and Update 4.38

Please be aware that some of us had issues with 4.38 and Windows 10 (1803) where the device disappears completely. I had to downgrade to 3.29 I don't know if there will be a fix.

Pat Scullion;147978 wrote:
I just purchased a UMC1820 and am delighted to report that in Behringer's latest Windows Driver - Windows Driver 4.38 - presents ALL of the outputs and inputs to Windows 10 (1709) itself. No need for Dante Via or anything else.

You can grab the driver here:
https://www.musictri.be/Categories/Behringer/Computer-Audio/Interfaces/UMC1820/p/P0B2J/downloads

NOTE: This is running Windows 10 v1709 - I've not yet upgraded to 1803 and I know there are some sound routing changes in that version of the OS, so this may not work in 1803 (will update you when I install 1803).

Before installing, I could only see the "Main Out (Line 1/2)" and main input devices from within Windows 10's sound control panel, apps like RadioDJ, VLC etc.

After installing the driver, I can see "Main Out (Line 1/2)" then also "Line Out" devices for outputs 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 and 9/10 - same with the inputs! Tested all outputs successfully, and I can only imagine the line in devices also work.

One thing to note is the volume's pretty loud on the line out devices (at least for my Zenyx 2442) so I had to reduce each output's volume down to 31/100 in Windows 10's Sound control panel.

The other thing to note is that if you disconnect the interface and reconnect it, Windows 10 has a habit of re-indexing the outputs so that if, say, you had VLC set to use Line 5/6 it will likely default back to Main Out 1/2... and I also found the volumes resetting.

Still, not too long to reapply the volume / output selection as needed.

Anyway, thank you Behringer!