Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

How: Xair to laptop recording?

How do I record all the tracks on the Xair to the laptop?
wadrum Contributor - Level 2 2019-07-29

2019-07-29

How: Xair to laptop recording?

How do I record all the tracks on the Xair to the laptop?

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: How: Xair to laptop recording?

Are you using an XR18? That is the only X-Air mixer that can stream all channels to/from laptop via USB.
Volunteer Moderator

@RichardYClark wrote:
Are you using an XR18? That is the only X-Air mixer that can stream all channels to/from laptop via USB.

We already discussed this with him yesterday. He has an XR16. Evidently he is wanting a second opinion. 

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

X Air XR18 and X Air X18 "...Both mixers have USB ports (type B) so they can be connected to a computer using a USB cable for multi-channel audio and MIDI recording. Up to 18 audio channels can be simultaneously recorded, and 18 channels are available for playback. The mixer application allows assignment of channels for recording and playback. 16 channels of MIDI I/O can also be transmitted on the same USB connection...." I am confused. Does this mean an X18 can record both 16 channels connected to a DAW, and 16 channels directly to it's own thumbdrive? thanks, wa
Volunteer Moderator

@wadrum wrote:
Does this mean an X18 can record both 16 channels connected to a DAW, and 16 channels directly to it's own thumbdrive? thanks, wa

No. The X18 and XR18 does NOT have a thumbdrive USB port. Only the XR16 and XR12 have that. The X18 and XR18 has the USB (type B) that you would use a standard USB cable to connect it to your computer (USB type A) and can record/playback up to 18 channels (bidirectional). 

If you require both USB for thumbdrive (stereo recording) and USB multi-track, you need to get an X32.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!