Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

How do I set up M32 into reaper during live sound recording

im Just beginner into digital recording,but I want to learn more and explore my m32.

i want to record the live band instruments during show into reaper daw.

kindly anyone could help me how to configure the m32 into reaper daw.

thanks a lot.

MichaelVincentd Contributor - Level 2 2019-06-05

2019-06-05

How do I set up M32 into reaper during live sound recording

im Just beginner into digital recording,but I want to learn more and explore my m32.

i want to record the live band instruments during show into reaper daw.

kindly anyone could help me how to configure the m32 into reaper daw.

thanks a lot.

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Contributor - Level 2

Re: How do I set up M32 into reaper during live sound recording

Hello.

Here a tip search for the YouTube channel of "Drew Brashler", I learned a lot from this especially in the beginning of my X32 / M32 career

For Reaper:

Behringer X32 - X-UF - Reaper DAW Multi Track Setup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6a1VvOQoVc

Sorry for my bad Englisch, bud im from holland

Sorry for my poor English, but I am from the Netherlands
Contributor - Level 1

The video was very helpful to me in getting things set up in Reaper, thank you so much!

One update or clarification I can add from my own experimentation--it is possible to record some X32 effects in Reaper without using a cable patch on the mixer, at least on my X32 Rack. Virtual Outputs 9-16 can be one of the signal banks sent out (as Out 9-16) through the Card to Reaper, and you can assign Channel Direct outs to those Virtual Outputs. So if you have your Vox Reverb sidechain returning to, say Channels 7-8 on the X32, you can record the sidechain return by sending Dir Out Ch 7-8 to two of the Virtual Outputs, then to the Card and Reaper. Maybe everyone already knows this, but it was not easy for me to see how to do that.

Contributor - Level 2

Hello.

Here a tip search for the YouTube channel of "Drew Brashler", I learned a lot from this especially in the beginning of my X32 / M32 career

For Reaper:

Behringer X32 - X-UF - Reaper DAW Multi Track Setup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6a1VvOQoVc

Sorry for my bad Englisch, bud im from holland

Sorry for my poor English, but I am from the Netherlands
Contributor - Level 1

The video was very helpful to me in getting things set up in Reaper, thank you so much!

One update or clarification I can add from my own experimentation--it is possible to record some X32 effects in Reaper without using a cable patch on the mixer, at least on my X32 Rack. Virtual Outputs 9-16 can be one of the signal banks sent out (as Out 9-16) through the Card to Reaper, and you can assign Channel Direct outs to those Virtual Outputs. So if you have your Vox Reverb sidechain returning to, say Channels 7-8 on the X32, you can record the sidechain return by sending Dir Out Ch 7-8 to two of the Virtual Outputs, then to the Card and Reaper. Maybe everyone already knows this, but it was not easy for me to see how to do that.